Some of my latest Area-51 & Aurora Modding Projects, over on Alienware club

Cass-Olé

Here are links to some nice builds, mine & others + swap information for Area-51 R1 R2 & of course our little friend Aurora. Some posts have their own links to follow, watch for them
Above Top Secret: Uncovering Area-51's Biggest (& best kept) Secret of All
Beauty & the Beast: Pegasus Part One & Part Two
Bill Owen: ALX Case Mod Project
R2 Triad: motherboard swapping & power supply swapping
The ALX-Files: Area 51 R1 Motherboard Swap Asus 4770k USB3.0
The ALX Files: Operation Kalifornikation |Surfin' with the Alien
The ALX-Files: On a Practical Approach to the Area 51 Aurora Power Supply Swap
The ALX-Files: A Triad of Power Supply Swaps
How to: Install Command Center on a non-Alienware Motherboard

7288.PTDC0032.JPG

5611.50.jpg

8640.29.jpg

cpu-_2800_4_2900_.JPG

2555.PTDC0093.JPG

Last edited:

Hiroraz

I hear people buying these things for like 35USD why do i have to pay 185USD for this lol isent it possible to buy this from dell

Cass-Olé

Sometimes they're for sale on eBay if you play the waiting game, otherwise yes they should be available from Dell. I paid $150 for a new ALX front panel from Dell, I paid $110 for a new standard A51 front panel from Dell, I paid $120 for a new lunar-shadow front panel from velecoty-electronics (sub-vendor / they bought it new from Dell). The only time I ever got a $35 ALX front panel was for a used cosmetically damaged part, where all I was after was the motor. For $35 you would have gotten a damaged panel, so don't feel bad. Otherwise $180 for a new ALX panel from Dell sounds right (I negotiated my price down from 180 to 150-shipped, you can try the same with Dell sales, you can negotiate a better price usually). There were times here on eBay/US last Fall where a panel could go for $80 & arrive in good shape ... haven't seen any ALX panels listed for months though ... panels are pricey so take good care of yours ...

ALX Matte Black part#: X504R
Standard Cosmic Black: W558R
Lunar Shadow: R841R
  • not available currently from Dell/USA (always call or chat for availability)
  • available as of 9.02.15 from http://velocityelec.com/ (search r841r then contact them)

Hiroraz

Hey thanks again for the help but it seems like Dell hase te parts in stock so i order myself a brand new front bezel for the Area 51 ALX my precieus machine :)