SSD upgrade?

FroodyChick

I realize there's not really a lot of activity in this forum but I decided to give it a go and post my question. I've just ordered an Alienware M15 with i7-8750H, GTX 1070mq, 16gb DDR4, with the 1TB (+8GB SSD) Hybrid drive and the 60 wh battery.
My question is: would I be able to remove the hybrid drive and put in a 512 PCLe m. 2 SSD?

LukeG310

Hi there. I am getting my M15 tomorrow delivered. You get two NVME SSD slots in addition to SATA (hybrid drive) one since you have the 60wh battery. Those who got the 90wh battery lose the sata 2.5 connection and only get two NVME slots.

FroodyChick

Thank you! I may end up pulling out the SATA drive and putting in a 90 watt battery and two SSD drives. However I'm not sure that I'm going to do that yet. It runs great and starts up fast enough for me. The games run really well. At least the ones that I play, such as WoW and Lord of the rings online. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

vistaboy

I have ssd installed after market and it did help some but when it comes to power i7 8750h does not go over to turbo ,only by 1 core only.