test

Start button not right on my aurora r4

beau511

Hi all.

I bought my aurora R4 in mid July, the butterfly start button I found was strange, the easiest way I found was to use 2

fingers and push it in about a 1/4 of an inch, sometimes I felt it stick at the bottom but it always came back except

last night it stayed at the bottom, I was sure it would not work, but to my surprise it turned on or off with very little

movement (if any) , now I wonder witch way is the right way, please can someone tell me, Dell does not seems to

understand.

Thank you

yikes81

Possibly a faulty button ... tell Dell that the button is faulty.

1. Button intermittently sticks.
2. Imtermittently turns the computer off without actually depressing the button.

They should send a tech out to take a look. It is a fairly new machine.

beau511

Hi Yiked81.

I really have a hard time to get understood sorry,

your # 2 does not happens

I just wanted to know , my button works now like an electronic button , I just touch it and it works ( no movement) from other owners if

that's the way their machine start or like a mechanical push button .

I talked with the French support ( Moroco ) they said I broke it and will have to pay, I then called English support ( Porto Rico )

and they are sending a tech to replace the part. But I am still unsure, is it really broken?

Claude

Spetz

Good. I had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago by a tech. Same issues but sometimes I would have to press very hard for it to turn on. After the replacement (which is the whole section behind the front bezel) it works every time perfectly. The "spring" the button rests on is actually a one inch long, flat piece of metal bent downwards at both ends, to support the button itself. It acts like a spring. On mine the one side was bent down to far, and didn't lift the button back up after use.