test

Startup & BF3 Framerates Help

Pillowite

I have an m17x r4 and i am asking for help for my laptop startup. I know that "msconfig" is how you can look at your startup processes and services. Funny thing is that i have 3.5gb of startup services. Origin, Steam, iTunes, Spotify, and Teamspeak were cutoff already (until i start them up), but im having problems with having so much RAM being used. I have 12gb in my system and im not sure what are the ABSOLUTE NECESSARY programs to run.

Also, i dont know if this is the right place for this question, but it involves Battlefield 3. When i play on the Back2Karkand or Close Quarter map packs, my laptop performance slows down a ton. I have a gtx 660m with a i7 3610qm processor and i usually run the game @1600x900 (native resolution) with all medium settings (no motion blur, msaa, or hbao or ssao, but with x4 antistrophic filtering). On a 64 player server @sharqi peninsula, i will get fps from 40 to about 70. For most of the game, i get like 40-55fps and sometimes my framerates jump up to 70 (where it should be) but then come back down to 50-ish. Im using the internal FPS counter on battlefield 3 (type in "render.drawfps 1" on command prompt". My internet connection is not a problem (im usually at around 50 ping), but my framerates drop a ton. Same thing on the close quarter map packs (im trying to unlock the m5k and i need to get top 5 in a round of gunmaster). Ive seen some people run their computers real well on these map packs, from what ive seen on youtube. When i overclock the gpu, nothing really happens. I do +135 core clock and +300-400 memory clock and the framerates dont change at all!

Any help is welcome and i appreciate it!

AeonSoul

I have an m17x r4 and i am asking for help for my laptop startup. I know that "msconfig" is how you can look at your startup processes and services. Funny thing is that i have 3.5gb of startup services. Origin, Steam, iTunes, Spotify, and Teamspeak were cutoff already (until i start them up), but im having problems with having so much RAM being used. I have 12gb in my system and im not sure what are the ABSOLUTE NECESSARY programs to run.

If you take a screenshot of your msconfig startup processes and services we can check, but I'd say that 3.5 gb over 12 gb ain't that bad.

calric

like Aeon mentioned, get a screenshot of the startup tab in msconfig and we can help with what you can remove from the startup.

Have you made sure that you're running the video card and not running integrated display?

Possibly look into some kind of gpu monitoring - like gpu meter gadget could and see what type of stats its showing you.

Update drivers?

Right now i'm running 4302mb used out of 16gb and my uptime is just over 16 days as far as the ram goes.

I use cpu usage gadget gpu meter to help monitor things.

yikes81

Try the nVidia game booster. It's pretty useful.

Sent via Tapatalk