Steam, Origin, Raptr and Xfire Gamer ID Tag Profile Feature Now Available!

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
All Steam players can add their Steam ID to their profiles. This will create a Gamer ID Card on your member profile page and a forum postbit icon.

Finding your SteamID is really easy!
1) Log into SteamCommunity.com
2) Once logged in, click "Edit SteamID"
3) Copy the text from the "Custom URL" box and put it in your Steam ID profile field.
your-steamid.gif

gamerid_ex1.jpg

gamerid_ex2.jpg

If there is more interest for other Gamer Id tags, like Xbox, PS3, Xfire, etc. Let me know and I'll get them added.

Dantheman221

Thats a nice feature :) Maybe add an origin button too? xD

Mine doesn't seem to work with any type. Not the one I use to login or the profile name :(

Oh, you coulda said we need to register on that site xD

Damn...still doesn't work! :(

Huh...works only with steam id...

Last edited:

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
The field only works with Steam IDs. When you play a game on Steam don't you have to be registered? :confused:

I can add Xbox, PS3, Xfire, and Raptr gamer ID cards too. Origin, I may have to do a little more custom coding based on their support for it.

Let me know if you guys think the other ID cards would get used much since we all mostly play PC games.

WaLkAwaY

Do not know if I will use it but what a great idea. That is definitely something I have never seen on another site unless I just over looked it and never noticed it or maybe I saw it and thought it was something different.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Updated first post with some info that will help you correctly add your Steam ID to your profile.

3) Copy the text from the "Custom URL" box and put it in your Steam ID profile field here.
View attachment 203

Eirreann

That's cool! Everyone, expect a friends request within the next 24 hours, haha! I'll put mine up when I'm home from work!

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Thats a nice feature :) Maybe add an origin button too? xD
Origin ID added. It will only show your Gamer ID on mouseover in your postbit, and will also show in your member profile too, as Origin does not support external gamer id cards.

Is any one interested in Xbox, PS3, Xfire, and Raptr gamer ID cards too??

AeonSoul

Well I have ps3, but if thats just me don't bother implementing that :p

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
steam added ;)
I think you may have entered it incorrectly. This may help....

3) Copy the text from the "Custom URL" box and put it in your Steam ID profile field.

AeonSoul

Well I have a PS3 ID, but I'm not playing with it much lately, so it doesn't really bother me if there's or not. Up to you Tommy!