SteamOS + laptop = steambook?

ejohnson

May 4, 2012
MN
What do you guys think are the odds of ever seeing a "steambook", pretty much a light gaming laptop (m11x style) the runs steam OS, streams games from large computer or can can run them standalone via steam OS...

Im going to give steam OS a shot tonight on my m11x to see what it can do... Would be really cool to play bf4 maxed out on the little m11x :) streaming from the desktop of course.

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
What do you guys think are the odds of ever seeing a "steambook", pretty much a light gaming laptop (m11x style) the runs steam OS, streams games from large computer or can can run them standalone via steam OS...

Im going to give steam OS a shot tonight on my m11x to see what it can do... Would be really cool to play bf4 maxed out on the little m11x :) streaming from the desktop of course.

One word...EPIC!!!

tappin from the neXus 5

ejohnson

May 4, 2012
MN
No, couldnt get it to do anything on the m11x. Tried for a few hours to get one of my desktops to run it.
I can install it, boot into the main OS, but it wont run steam at all.
I have given up for now, waiting for a more user friendly installer.

In the mean time though, I took the lan box that I am building and made that more of a "steam box"
Installed win7 on a pair of raided wd black drives, put in a cache drive, installed steam, turned off boot animation for win7, turned off the bios splash screen, then told steam to boot into big picture mode.
Now when I turn on that computer, the screen turns on, then a few seconds later the steam animation starts and boots into big picture mode.... you dont actually see any part of windows the way I have it set up :)

Haha that works for now. I read that removing all lines that say nomodeset will let it boot on the Intel chipset. I may or may not play with it some more. Today is the start of the spill 10,000 gallons of zombie blood before Christmas time attack on dead rising 3 lol