test

Steering Wheels

MattyB

Need advice on what steering wheel/pedal setup to go for. Just got F1 2012 and I need a better experience than using the keyboard.

What do you guys recommend? Something mid range in price would be good for me.

Maelstrom

I've only ever used a steering wheel for the PS2 and the one for the Wii. The Wii steering wheel doesn't really count though. The PS2 one I used was pretty good but the one problem I found with it is that it wasn't stable. You simply had it in your lap when you played with it and it became annoying. I don't know what you should get but I would get one that at least sits on your desk or is mounted to where it doesn't move when you use it.

MattyB

No worries. You should be receiving them shortly! :)

By the way, loving F1 2012! Need that wheel badly!!!!

MattyB

Decided to go for the Logitech G27. Just have to wait for Umart to get them back in stock since theirs is by far the cheapest.

MattyB

Ordered!!! :D $255 from PC Case Gear. I only just got up to work so I wont get it till I get home in 2 weeks. On the logitech site they have them listed at $499 retail. Haven't seen anyone sell them at that price.

Now I have something to look forward to when I get home! Oh yeah......the missus too. Almost forgot.

yikes81

Ordered!!! :D $255 from PC Case Gear. I only just got up to work so I wont get it till I get home in 2 weeks. On the logitech site they have them listed at $499 retail. Haven't seen anyone sell them at that price.

Now I have something to look forward to when I get home! Oh yeah......the missus too. Almost forgot.

Aw nice of you. I wuld have just drawn a picture of a wheel on a piece of paper and told her to make vroom noises with her mouth.

yikes81

She would be happy just to be included. :D

Exactly! If you give them choices, then they get difficult. If you just tell them what to do and include them with a little pat on the head here and there, then they will be happy.

AeonSoul

Ahahah I got to try that. Either it will work out or I will be finding myself missing one hand, no big deal.

MattyB

I hope the Missus doesn't want to join Alienowners when she gets her M14x! I could get in big trouble

AeonSoul

I hope the Missus doesn't want to join Alienowners when she gets her M14x! I could get in big trouble

Let us know if she does, so we can start filling the place up with dirty pics. Just to get you in trouble you know, ought to be fun!