test

Stock 760ti still good?

Iamhydrogen

Getting an R2 with the 760ti in a couple of days. Is this still a solid GPU for a bit until I upgrade to a 970? I will be playing at max 1080p. Mainly going to play Dragon Age : Inquisition for right now. Anyone have this with the 760ti, what are your settings and FPS?

mf9

If I was you I'd of gone for the stock i5 model and get yourself a 970 from a 3rd party. Dell charge over the odds for their graphic cards and it's debatable whether any games actually make use of the extra cores in the i7. Google i5 vs i7 for gaming.

Regarding the 760ti it should be good enough, I have currently have a Zotac 760 4GB reference seems to play most games at 1080p 50-60fps, only gripe is that it's abit too noisy. Looking to upgrade to 970 or 980 at some point though.

Having said that since i upgraded the bios from A06 to A07 I've started experiencing intermittent excessive fan noise from the X51's front internal fan, it's really annoying as it's very loud, way more than the 760. Should of stayed with A06, however I guess Dell are attempting to improve temperatures within inside the case as with A06 the case did creak abit when it got hot, however now doesn't appear todo this with A07. Note my X51 is the R2.

Last edited:

Iamhydrogen

I did get an i5. I have the i5-4440. Just got it yesterday and playing around with the fan profile for the card. I was getting to 85c in Dragon Age with the stock fan profile. I used MSI Afterburner and get the fan to keep it at 75c but its loud. Need to find the happy medium. I am thinking 80c would be fine so I am going to try and tune it to that temp.

mf9

Although my GPU can be loud, that's nothing compared to the X51's front fan, the one under the silver Alien Logo or to to the left of it depending on it's orientation. Dying Light makes that go full pelt at times, but almost ruin's the experience.