test

Strange internet connection problem

Ianm63

With an AW M17xR3

I'm on Virgin media with an up to 10mb (i think) bb....the laptop's an 17 2.5, 8gb ram, 250gb x 2 hd's, 6970M card.....but half the time i cant get on the net, infact quite alot i've got trouble just opening Google!.....this is despite the connection icon on the taskbar saying "excellent connection".....bollox, no it's not!

But what got me.....i've go a hp laptop, 5 yrs old, 1/4 of the spec of the super duper AW......but gets on the net on the net no problem at all

What could be wrong with the AW cause i dont know

yikes81

There has been a few cases of this issue. Do a search in this forum. Start with reinstalling the wireless drivers.

Sent via Tapatalk

AeonSoul

Qualcom Bigfoot works only if you have a Killer Wireless card, if you don't, then don't use it.

AeonSoul

You shoulad already have a wireless card installed in your laptop, so unless you want to switch it out, scratch that. Find out what card you have, update the drivers and configure it properly. Check if you have to configure your DNS and IP addresses for the connection.
Check if you have to allow your MAC address in the router also.

And actually, what do you mean by "it's trouble just opening Google"? It's very slow or doeasn't load at all? Is it just Google or everything else?

Ianm63

I'll look and see what's what....i didnt have any trouble with bigfoot killer, but had to install intel something in order Qualcom to work, if that's what i need to do then fair enough, as i've still got the email from Dell.....it's drivers for the R4 though, will they still work on the R3.

Regards Google.....a bit of both, sometimes it's fine other times it's ages and quite often not at all......that's despite an "excellent connection" on the taskbar

yikes81

The excellent connection is just the connection to your router. This does not necessarily mean you will have a fast Internet connection.

Sent via Tapatalk

Ianm63

I know, I know there's something wrong in the laptop, it's a matter of find what and where

yikes81

I had to uninstall McAfee and reinstall for the wifi to work properly. Apparently there is a known issue with McAfee and Win7.

Sent via Tapatalk