Stuck between Nikon 10-24mm and Tokina 11-16mm

yikes81

I am just getting into the immensely deep world of photography.
I have a DSLR Nikon D7000 with a couple of lenses already, but what I really want is a wide angle lens.
So here I am stuck with a choice between the "Nikon 10-24mm AF-S Nikkor f/3.5-4.5G DX ED" and the "Tokina 11-16mm World's Best DX/1.6x/APS Ultrawide". The Nikon will cost me about $800 give or take, and the Tokina will cost me about $600 give or take.

Both have awesome reviews, and both look really good, and are roughly the same in quality. Well to me I am not sure if there will be much difference at the moment.

But I am the type of person that normally goes with the branded name things. So if I had the cash, I would have gone with the Nikon lens. But seeing as that is my main issue, the Tokina looks a little more attractive at $200 less. In saying that, $200 is not much, and I can wait to save.

I have read a few reviews and some forums, and between these lenses there is much of a much difference. Both are evidently good.

Your thoughts fellow aliens?

ThatOldGuy

If you have a pro-photography shop near you, thae best thing you can do is bring in your camera and try out both lenses... Never been to Australia, but they allow that in some places in New York.