Sudden Freezing After Boot?

Mawesome

Jun 8, 2015
Singapore
This has been happening a few times already. I boot up the laptop and about a couple minutes in and the laptop just hangs and the fans start going really loud one at a time (left then right) then everything resumes to normal. Anyone can explain to me what the issue is and how to solve it?

Hucker42

Jul 18, 2015
I experience the same thing. I suspect this is by design and is a fan cleaning mechanism blowing out dust. I have just moved onto the Alienware from a ROG G750 and that had an option to clean fans by doing the same thing.....guess the Alienware just does it automatically.

Hucker42

Jul 18, 2015
Having upgraded to windows 10 I now get a blue screen when this fan event happens. It is related to the intel driver and the OS thinking that during that freeze the intel driver has failed so tries to restart it......Good to know if anyone else has had the issue. I am going to test a different intel driver and see what happens.

Mawesome

Jun 8, 2015
Singapore
Having upgraded to windows 10 I now get a blue screen when this fan event happens. It is related to the intel driver and the OS thinking that during that freeze the intel driver has failed so tries to restart it......Good to know if anyone else has had the issue. I am going to test a different intel driver and see what happens.

I've not experienced the fan issue anymore after updating to windows 10 tho, could it be that your drivers are outdated? Mine crashes sometimes or when I try to start the game Supernova

georgexyd

Aug 24, 2015
Hello Guys

I had the same issue
I send two machines back because i thought its faulty motherboard

the alienware support did not had a clue what causing this

finally i simply unistalled alienautopsy

and problem solved !!!

Hope that helps