suddenly hangs with weird static noise

this happens suddenly almost randomly. Usually is for 1-3 sec.
the "hang" happens while playing games, videos or even hearing audio files.
I feel most likely because of my laptop heating due to prolonged hours, but noticed today whole day it didn't happen even once!
my drivers and all are up to date, can't seem to figure any solution.

edit: typo in title well doesn't matter

EMT911inWI

I had a similar problem with my home pc but not my AW laptop. After some lengthy research I determined that it was because of an IRQ issue between the graphics and audio. After removing the audio card and reinstalling drivers, the problem corrected itself. My hang was also accompanied by a rather loud click/pop noise as well. But, as soon as I made the slight change the problem no longer occurs.

n13L5

Yes, sometimes its enough to uninstall the audio drivers, reboot the system and then install them again...

What exactly do you mean by "hangs"?
somewhat what EMT911inWI said. Sudden pop up like thing which lasts for 1-3 sec at max and completely random, where the pc freezes and get a weird static sound. Some days doesn't happen even once otherwise happens quiet some times!

thanks for the suggestion I might try doing that. I think I might be missing out in some audip drivers coz this didn't happen before I formatted my laptop, and never happened in my old crap hp pavilion.

Yes, sometimes its enough to uninstall the audio drivers, reboot the system and then install them again...
I tried doing as you suggested but the problem prevails :/
on the AWA i came across some with the same, saying they could never solve it

yikes81

How old is your BIOS? You can be surprised how much a BIOS update can fix.

A08 updated about 2 months back, now that brings me to question- has this problem started after I updated the bios from 5 to 8?

yikes81

The issue did not happen right after the BIOS update did it? If it did not, I am doubting that this is the issue.

I honestly don't remember, just that when I got my M14x back in December that time I didn't face this issue. Then later I re-formatted, updated and did what not and can't exactly say when this started happening and what could be the reason behind it. Before I used to ignore it as it hardly used to occur but of late the "frequency" has increased

yikes81

i have noticed that a lot of these performance issues tend to arise once the graphics drivers get updated.

yikes81

Well the graphics drivers get a priority over the CPU via the direct x drivers. So if there is a conflict, or coding error, that can cause performance issues or glitches to occur.

my nvidia drivers are up to date (as it was always) I don't know whether that has got to do anything with this issue.

yikes81

It is possible. A lot of the issues tend to happen when the latest graphics drivers are installed. I find that if something is working fine, do not upgrade it. Only upgrade when something does not work.

yikes81

Yeh ... i dunno about that.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Last edited:

yikes81

yeh its 10:15pm here in sydney right now. Going to bed, have a meeting with a senior VP from my client tomorrow ... sigh.

oh ok
and after 2 pages still no solution -___-
right now downloading iso of the win 8 release preview hope it works fine ans also help in this regard