Switching graphics card

Amazon is pretty funky with the dimensions they list. Check out newegg's specifications for this card here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125806

The dimensions are 10.47 x 5.08. I don't think that will fit in the X51 without modifications. Maybe it will fit if you remove one of the fans like some users have reported when upgrading with other cards. I'm not sure. But for that price I think you'd be better off getting a 9.5 inch EVGA 970 SC.

Reactions: Daniel Campillo
Okay so i got the card today and after some hours i managed to make it work and fit perfectly. I must say it was a pain in the ass, i had to make a lot of mods: i had to cut off some metal parts from the case and removed the front fan.
IMPORTANT
Check your power cable pins and the compatibility with the card you want to buy, i forgot about that and had to buy an adapter after almost messing it up. I dont know if its the same for all x51's but mine had 2x6 pin cables so i bought an adapter to turn both of them into a 1x8 pin cable in order to fit and bring enough power to the card.

Luckily it works great now.

Reactions: 8*sectorb6

CYtrevor

Dec 7, 2015
S
Okay so i got the card today and after some hours i managed to make it work and fit perfectly. I must say it was a pain in the ass, i had to make a lot of mods: i had to cut off some metal parts from the case and removed the front fan.
IMPORTANT
Check your power cable pins and the compatibility with the card you want to buy, i forgot about that and had to buy an adapter after almost messing it up. I dont know if its the same for all x51's but mine had 2x6 pin cables so i bought an adapter to turn both of them into a 1x8 pin cable in order to fit and bring enough power to the card.

Luckily it works great now.
So even after you removed the front fan, the card is still too long to fit in? I thought it's 10.5 in just like the gtx 980. Do you have a picture of it?

Reactions: 8*sectorb6
it wasnt too long actually the size was perfect without the fan, there was only one problem, there wasn't enough space for the power cable to go through so i had to cut some holes on the chassis to be able to connect it. I'll post a picture when i can. It's not as hard as it sounds now that i think of it, it just takes a bit of your time and it gets kinda tedious.

It was a pain in the ass because i dont usually change my computer hardware but hopefully its a lot easier for you veterans out there. I'll try to post some pics this weekend

Last edited:

CYtrevor

Dec 7, 2015
it wasnt too long actually the size was perfect without the fan, there was only one problem, there wasn't enough space for the power cable to go through so i had to cut some holes on the chassis to be able to connect it. I'll post a picture when i can. It's not as hard as it sounds now that i think of it, it just takes a bit of your time and it gets kinda tedious.

It was a pain in the ass because i dont usually change my computer hardware but hopefully its a lot easier for you veterans out there. I'll try to post some pics this weekend

Hey Daniel, did you get a chance to take a picture of your setup? I wonder how you managed to connect the two 6 pin power cable to your card. My X51 comes with 2x6pin connecters but they are both 90 degree facing the left... I need to buy a power cable as well. You can any recommendations?