Tablet Owners

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Just wondering who has tablets here, and which ones. I've had the following tables...

Motorola XOOM
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Apple iPad 2

I currently do not have any tablets but the new Google nexus 7 for $199 looks cool.

Commy1

Have been thinking about it. I like to be very stimulated when I play games, like having a movie/music on in the background + game + teamchat +browser etc. My brain just kinda works on overdrive and I end up landing split second shots a lot more frequently. However switching back and forth between game/music/movie to pause or something is troublsome so I thought about getting an iPad or something to set up beside me playing said movies. Though I may just end up purchasing a monitor and setting up my laptop screen and the secondary. Probably a better idea in the long run, dunno ;)

sway

I ordered the nexus 7 just recently. Im loyal to android only, go great with my galaxy nexus too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:
Never owned a tablet. Years ago the microsoft surface really impressed me but now it doesn't really get to me. If I could I would try the new ipad, but alas no money

Eirreann

I don't own one *yet*, but for school I might be getting an ASUS Transformer Prime.

RoBi1475

I currently have an Ipad 2 that was given to my wife and I as a gift. It is pretty cool. I am thinking really hard about getting a Microsoft Surface sometime in the future.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I was thinking about getting another iPad, but Apple has been really turning me off lately with their tactics. No more back-up OS and software CD's, no more cd-rom drives on the macbook pros. If you want a back-up of the OS, it's $60 now because it comes on a thumb drive. I can go on and on. LOL I may take a look at the Samsung Tab. I really like Samsung products.

yikes81

Yeh I am in agreement with you there Tommy. Apple has gone from shifty to out right dodgy.
Until they fix their game, I am off Apple products for now.

yikes81

Tablets are starting to lose its appeal to me. I am leaning more into the ultrabooks at this stage.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I will never get another Apple computer but I am really looking getting the iPad (3rd gen). I have lots of apps and itunes music/videos/movies already. I don't think I want to start all over with Google Play (AKA Android Market)

sway

So I received my nexus 7 today, gotta say its awesome. Android gaming is pretty sweet on this thing, the screen looks really good and IMO the perfect size. My mom has a transformer prime and mine is way more comfortable in the hand and better for games.

Sent from my Nexus 7

yikes81

Im still waiting for something that is exciting and that works 100% on the HP touchpad. Something not webOS.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I had a $25 off anything $499 or more coupon for BestBuy. I bought an iPad and Apple TV. Lol.

yikes81

True, that is pretty rare to exclude Apple. But I am guessing that the reseller is copping the cost.