the new 17 laptop is just awsome but is it worth it?

hi, there. i am big fan off alienware systems.
but now the m15x laptop has getting issues. so i am thinking to get
saving money for the 17 laptop

so is it worth it to get the17 laptop.
it looks awsome. but how is the performance off the system?

i like big screen so the 14 laptop is just to small. so the keyboard is also for my and my big hands xD :D

MattyB

The performance will depend on the specs that you choose. The base GTX 765M is by no means a high end card. It will run Crysis 3 on medium settings. The processor you choose will not make a huge difference in the end for most everyday work. If you can get a 17 with a 780M and an SSD (either through Dell or installed yourself after) you will be very impressed.
I was not a fan when I first saw the new models but after purchasing a 14 I now think they are excellent machines. The anti-glare screens are fantastic (I was a huge fan of the glossy screen).

I think you'll love it. Take the plunge!

hi thete.

•Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ processor (6MB Cache, tot 3.4GHz met Intel® Turbo Boost)
•Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64 bits, Nederlands
•17.3 inch (439.42 mm) WLED FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare Display
•16GB1 Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
•750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
•DVD +/-RW-STATION
•NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M, 3GB GDDR5
•1 jaar Next Business Day Service met Premium Phone Support

this would maybe the system that i would buy and buying an ssd. later for it. alienware ask high prices for aan ssd upgrade

i am going to play bf 4. on it. and other games. also it will be my workstation for the daily use. and i will game also on other places

yikes81

Work is not an issue. A sub $800 laptop will let you do basic work.

But if you are gaming, then yes I think it's worth it. I got the M17xR3 and I still think it's worth it.

Gaming in the go? No problem. My wife wants me to spend time with her while she watches rubbish shows? No problem. Gaming at mates places? No problem. Alienware 17 is mobile.

Just don't forget to bring the power supply. Or greatness will be short lived.

Tapatalk'n

hahaha ok.

i will go for the alienware 17. 2 bad that that i can´t buy the alienware 18. in my country. we can only buy the 14 and 17.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

ok. i searched for the 780m. and it cost an 150 euro upgrade. so that i can do.
but i will also special offer in the alienware buy experts. you can ask for a discount. on your system.
most off the time i get 8 % discount.