The sanding/priming/ repainting process begins...

Kaos8706

I have all my panels of the P1 removed and ready to begin disassembly of the panels themselves. (plastic from metal) And to get on into the deep cleaning ad on into the sanding down processpanels.jpg

Mkbvb

I have all my panels of the P1 removed and ready to begin disassembly of the panels themselves. (plastic from metal) And to get on into the deep cleaning ad on into the sanding down processView attachment 3035
I’m in the middle school f doing the EXACT same thing
I have all my panels of the P1 removed and ready to begin disassembly of the panels themselves. (plastic from metal) And to get on into the deep cleaning ad on into the sanding down processView attachment 3035
a couple more 4377D0EF-4FDB-4F37-9262-B2CE21301726.jpegF340ADF2-F627-4964-AB92-36B3F115CF34.png5810C0E7-E45B-4967-8DFA-F26E343FA6E9.jpegF88F27AE-AF55-4F83-901F-15F1062A73E1.jpeg

Attachments

Windchill1968

Did you consider moding the case and removing all the bays on the right side of the case?

The black looks great - what method did you use to apply the paint? Primer and Black from a shaker can?

Kaos8706

Jelly of the purple..... And the back chasis is very clean I like it. I'm going to be painting mine white and I'm doing white/blue LEDs. I haven't made any alterations to my chasis but I almost need to in order to better fit my graphics card.

Mkbvb

Did you consider moding the case and removing all the bays on the right side of the case?

The black looks great - what method did you use to apply the paint? Primer and Black from a shaker can?
I don't think I'm going to mod the internal case at all. I am looking at laser cutting the Alienware head out of one the side panels and back-lighting those to match the green lighting it shipped with and getting the black "fairings" made from polished aluminum but I'm not 100 certain at this point as the box is from the original owner and has all the sales documentation, recovery media, purple KB and mouse., so part of me wants to keep it "original". I am however, putting new internals in due to the MOBO being questionable. Probably going for a top tier LGA 775 build.

Mkbvb

As far as the paint, I took a wire wheel to any spots with corrosion, cleaned it then paint.ed I was going to OSPHO the areas with the rust but the wire wheel and cleaning did such a good job, I didn't think it needed to be done. The paint I used was Rust-Oleum "Textured" It has a finished feel akin to powder coating. It came out 10x better than I was expecting. I took about 2 cans to do the case entirely with two coats.

Kaos8706

purple KB and mouse., so part of me wants to keep it "original". I am however, putting new internals in due to the MOBO being questionable. Probably going for a top tier LGA 775 build.
I had the kb/mouse for mine but let some borrow my kb so it's gone still have the mouse. I am curious, what mb did yours have original? When I first got mine it had an Abit AV-8 3rd eye. I got mine a couple years ago and was trying for the original restore/ refurbish but I eventually had to let go of the original hardware.

Kaos8706

You said you have the original recovery disc too. I could never get mine to reinstall anything. I tried windows xp, 7, 10, puppy, ubuntu, It always would freeze or just post the fail code on the mobo. I ended up with an Asus croshair v formula board with a Phenom II.

Kaos8706

The aluminum looks good imho. Kind of reminds me of the plum crazy Dodge challengers the way I picture it together in my head

Kaos8706

Those look boss. How are you planning the little alien head badges? Are you planning on lighting them? I only lit the front alien. Power solid white and when hdd activity it blinks a blue like he's "thinking" here is a the blink in action:

https://youtu.be/ku5if96yHLk

Mkbvb

Those look boss. How are you planning the little alien head badges? Are you planning on lighting them? I only lit the front alien. Power solid white and when hdd activity it blinks a blue like he's "thinking" here is a the blink in action:

https://youtu.be/ku5if96yHLk
So the front head is already lit green to match the green tubes in the front of the case. That’s cool you have it linked to the hdd activity