"Thermal Controller" keeps crashing upon boot; won't restart.

Rogue_Species

I found this forum using Google. I'm glad I did. Damn shame my first post here is regarding an issue I'm having.

Here's a quick run-down of my OS and system.

Intel Core i3-6100
8.0GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro (64)
Version 2004, Build 19041.329

This is the error that pops up on my screen when I boot my PC. "Thermal Controller" crashes after.

Code:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Communication.X51R3.COM.BiosSupportAPI.ReadThermalConfiguration()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Communication.X51R3.Classes.ThermalControlsCapableDeviceClass.initThermalConfiguration()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Communication.X51R3.Classes.ThermalControlsCapableDeviceClass.get_ThermalConfiguration()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileProcessorClass.Verified(Profile profile)
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ProfileManagerClass.checkAllProfiles()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ProfileManagerClass.Init()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main.processWindowsLoaded()
   at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main.windowLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

This just started happening over the last day after I upgraded to the WinPro 2004 update.

What can I do to fix it?

MattyB

If you can find a way to boot into Safe Mode then try that. It could be that a driver has been corrupted after the upgrade. It would be best if you can boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then you can head to the Dell site and try reinstalling the chipset drivers

Rogue_Species

If you can find a way to boot into Safe Mode then try that. It could be that a driver has been corrupted after the upgrade. It would be best if you can boot into Safe Mode with Networking and then you can head to the Dell site and try reinstalling the chipset drivers

@MattyB

Do you know which drivers I'll need to reinstall while I'm in Safe Mode? I'm not sure. If it helps you here is my "Dell Service Tag":

47BBKB2

Thanks much in advance for all of your help!

MattyB

Firstly, I would try anything that is listed as a Chipset driver.

If you can get into Windows in Safe Mode, you can also try rolling back the upgrade. The system should have made a restore point when it did the upgrade so you could potentially revert the PC back to how it was. Hopefully it is related to the upgrade and not a hardware failure.