This is driving me nuts ever since mainboard swap my tact x keyboard lights are nuts

I see You

Ok so ever since dell swapped my mainboard for the same mainboard my alienware tact x keyboard lights are nuts unless i never noticed it before, but everytime i insert a usb jump drive my lights go nuts on my keyboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, the command center to no avail nothing works. Sometimes the lights when they go to sleep will not wake up but thats not often. here is a video of it and its totally driving me bonkers.
[video=youtube_share;2fTTGOHZA3g]http://youtu.be/2fTTGOHZA3g[/video]

I see You

ok so i uninstalled my drivers today for the keyboard reinstalled them can anyone tell me why is it that windows is using a generic driver for my tactx keyboard even though i installed the keyboard drivers themselves?

I see You

so alienware says this is a keyboard issue but it seams to me why would it do it now after a mainboard replacement.

Alienwulf

I have not seen this problem before, I would ask dell support to send one out to prove if keyboard issue. If it is you can either purchase or return it. Right..If it's a fault of the swap then they will know. :rolleyes:

I see You

:( they wont do it because keyboard is out of warranty :( i don't no what else to do the keyboard lights are stable until well you see what happens. very strange, also sometimes when i reboot my pc it will boot up without lights at all, forcing me to unplug the light usb cable and replug it in. It's very frustrating to say the least.

Alienwulf

When the lights change on the keyboard go into AlienFX CC and see if the display for the keyboard has changed. If it shows the colors as they should be not what they keyboard is then you most likely have a bad keyboard. But if the Command Center shows the color different then something is wrong with the computer. I would then explain to Dell its not the keyboard. Hope you can follow my thinking. If the keyboard is screwing up it will not affect the Command Center. Good luck.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

If all else fails email micheal_dell@dell.com thats Corp resolution and explain this started after the motherboard swap. They will call you with in 24 hours and set up a way to settle the issue. Make sure you give your phone number and give them a chance they have replaced or repaired several systems for me. Hope this helps.

I see You

I went in there and it dose not act like this at all with the command center open, but with it closed it does i don't understand is wired. I will try and email them but not sure what they can do as the system is off warranty know.

I email them thanks i hope something can be done is very wired it can't be my keyboard as it was not like this before the guy replaced mainboard, could he have hooked something up wrong inside?

email came back as not deliverable ?? got another one ?

Alienwulf

michael_dell@dell.com is correct..If you have record or called with problem before warranty expired they should look at the problem. Also here is the email of one of the head tech support guys he may help as they like to keep happy customers.
Cy_J <cy_jervis@dell.com Good luck.