test

This thing is pure junk

tactrdfreak

I have had this m17X R4 for just over a month and done nothing but repair it over and over again and Dell/Alienware has the worst customer service and will not stand behind there high dollar products. I managed to get a USB drive from them with Windows 8 on it and can't even get it to reinstall, I should have bought an Asus, Sager, or Digital Storm and I doubt I'd be having these problems because no one I know that has one them has. Alienware is pure A+ crap. My home built all AMD overclocked, watercooled beast is more reliable and stable than this thing.

tactrdfreak

Nothing but problems here. Can't install java, or flash. Crashes on Crysis 3, unstable as all get out but no one can tell me what's wrong at the great maker in the tower. I was considering putting them in my store front when we decide to open as my laptop alternative to the systems that I build, but I think I'll go with Asus instead.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

This is my 11th attempt at reinstalling Windows 8 from the USB Drive they sent me. Next will be a video of me putting a few rounds from my Ruger SR40 though it and flipping everyone at Dell/Alienware off. LOL

MattyB

Yeah sometimes things don't go so well unfortunately. It's hard to say that other brands won't have problems too when you are dealing with third party parts and software. GPU, CPU, HDD, RAM, OS, etc issues are usually the fault of the individual manufacturers. It then comes down to Dell/Alienware customer service. Sounds like they're not coming to the party for you though which is disappointing.

tactrdfreak

Disappointing enough that I've filed against them with the Federal Trade Commission. They already accumulated over 1800 complaints against them just for 2013. Yes I said just for 2013. Everytime I received a correspondence or phone call from them it was like listening to a broken record. I finally told the guy to shut up and hung up on him.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

And for the 11th time "We could not install Windows 8 for you. We have set your computer back to the way it was." Well, better go load my gun.

sway

You think alienware has horrible customer service, just wait until you have to deal with Asus, they're another level.
You've just had bad luck, Dell has bad cs I'll agree there, but the alienware side has really good cs from what I've experienced.

tappin from the Note II

Sora3

that sucks man, i too had a problem with my m14 and i just returned it and am customizing a new one. stuff happens exp with high end machines so just stick with it you will eventually get what you want

tactrdfreak

Well, 15 attempts later and I said forget it. I set it up like a true gamer. I installed a true RAID array and set the 64GB SSD to caching. It's running faster than it did when I got it from the factory. Boot up is a little slower because I can't get it back into UEFI mode in the bios, but who cares, I got my portable gaming system back without all the hidden admin junk using all of Alienwares software. So no voiding the warranty. Like they know how to fix'em in the first place. I just made this post from it. Next time, I'm sticking with Asus. Sheesh ! LOL

nizmoz

Well, 15 attempts later and I said forget it. I set it up like a true gamer. I installed a true RAID array and set the 64GB SSD to caching. It's running faster than it did when I got it from the factory. Boot up is a little slower because I can't get it back into UEFI mode in the bios, but who cares, I got my portable gaming system back without all the hidden admin junk using all of Alienwares software. So no voiding the warranty. Like they know how to fix'em in the first place. I just made this post from it. Next time, I'm sticking with Asus. Sheesh ! LOL

Asus probably has the worst customer service in the industry. Good luck there. When and if however send a pc off for repair to them you would be lucky to get it back after they lose it.

HD

yikes81

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. But the good thing is that to my knowledge you would have the minority experience. Too bad that it had to happen to you.

Every brand has a bad experience. But from what I have noticed, Alienware has so few of these experiences compared to other brands that it becomes such a big deal.

I guess that we expect this level of experience from other brands that we are more tolerable of them when it happens.

Considering the number of units they sell worldwide, 1800 complaints isn't that much.

Anyway, hope it all works out better for you.

Sent via Tapatalk

Meaker

<b>Retailer</b>
UEFI booting is all well and good but it's a bit early in the game for it as a standard feature really. You need more than the average users knowledge to properly navigate it and get it working.

Sleepy

Damn , sorry about your bad exspriance , I have to say Iv had 2 laptops from them and they both worked great .

But the one ray of sunshine I can offer you is , that dell support are easy to get compensation out of for your troubles , my advice is , phone them , tell them your trouble , be frime but polit , demand a replacement and and ask for big compensation for your trouble , get some extra spec added to your machin :) for free , this way you make a good situation out of a bad one .

I doubt you would be so unlucky to get 2 machines that don't work .