test

titan in a aurora

Sleepy

Hello all

Can anyone tell me why dell do not offer a Aurora with a titan and or a titan in sli in a aurora ? , as far as i can see the best gpu they offer to put in is a GTX690 and only 1 , why dont they offer that as sli either ?

sorry if the answer to this is common knowledge , but i have never owned a aurora :( but im hoping to :)

thx

stupreme

Hello all

Can anyone tell me why dell do not offer a Aurora with a titan and or a titan in sli in a aurora ? , as far as i can see the best gpu they offer to put in is a GTX690 and only 1 , why dont they offer that as sli either ?

sorry if the answer to this is common knowledge , but i have never owned a aurora :( but im hoping to :)

thx

Dell/Alienware have to test everything that they put in there rigs works 100% and there is no risk of danger to the consumer before they sell them, they sell the 690 because it passed all the safety test's ,However if you put 2 x gtx 690's in the aurora desktops it has massive overheating problems, That's why they only allowed to sell 1.
They probably will sell a titan in an aurora eventually and the new 7xx Nvidia cards providing they get the hardware cheep enough and they pass safety checks

Sleepy

Ok thx for the info .. So is it the same overheating issue if I was to fit dual titans in sli ??

stupreme

Ok thx for the info .. So is it the same overheating issue if I was to fit dual titans in sli ??

Yep - the only way to do high end Sli (Titan/690) is to water cool them in the Aurora R4/R3/R2 Maybe wrong about the Titan as the sock fan might push hot air straight out the back of the card but 690's vent hot air from both side's , plus what ever cards you put in will be sitting on top of each other with no room to breath. Trouble with the Aurora's is Alienware/Dell have boxed in all the components making it really annoying and difficult to upgrade to Sli with high end cards. To upgrade the cards you need to upgrade the PSU and to do that you need to strip out most of the insides of the PC and lose one of your HDD bays and its a pain, My best advise is if you just want an Alienware get the best you can and leave it alone, If your looking to upgrade in the future , add water cooling and sli graphic cards and PSU's, Then Build a PC your self, save some money and a load of hassle. Believe me , upgrading the Aurora's are a lot of hassle.
Not trying to put you off the Aurora's but it's hard work. I'm water cooling 2xGTX690's in my Aurora with an external cooler and Holyguy66 is internally water cooling 1 Titan in his Aurora ,Have a look at these treads.
Complete noob upgrades Aurora R4
and Aurora R3 and Titan , Just so you can see what your getting involved in - Hope this helps

holeyguy66

stu dont forget that the 875 watt psu isnt enough to push 2 690s. and thats all they offer for us. as far as the titan most normal gammers wont spend 1000 dollars on a single gpu card as they think it isnt worth the money. really if your using one monitor say at 1440x900( thats mine ) it isnt worth you getting one. the titan was designed for really high resolution gammers. like myself and stu running multi monitor setups. 2 sli 680s will smoke a titan all day on a regular resolution now take and run eyefinity or nvidia surround then it becomes a monster. its an enthusiast class card. i read a butt load on it before i decided to go with it. the software allows you to over clock your monitors and a bunch of other stuff the 690 wont let you or even offer. so i dont see dell wanting to offer it at all. dont forget stu i also liquid cooled 2 6850s in my aurora when i went eyefinity due to heat heres a video[video=youtube;717db5lxU6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=717db5lxU6g[/video] any other questions feel free to ask. get an aurora with 2 680s or one 690 with a single monitor and it will be hassle free its when you wanna go big you gotta start messing with it

stupreme

stu dont forget that the 875 watt psu isnt enough to push 2 690s. and thats all they offer for us. as far as the titan most normal gammers wont spend 1000 dollars on a single gpu card as they think it isnt worth the money. really if your using one monitor say at 1440x900( thats mine ) it isnt worth you getting one. the titan was designed for really high resolution gammers. like myself and stu running multi monitor setups. 2 sli 680s will smoke a titan all day on a regular resolution now take and run eyefinity or nvidia surround then it becomes a monster. its an enthusiast class card. i read a butt load on it before i decided to go with it. the software allows you to over clock your monitors and a bunch of other stuff the 690 wont let you or even offer. so i dont see dell wanting to offer it at all. dont forget stu i also liquid cooled 2 6850s in my aurora when i went eyefinity due to heat heres a video[video=youtube;717db5lxU6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=717db5lxU6g[/video] any other questions feel free to ask. get an aurora with 2 680s or one 690 with a single monitor and it will be hassle free its when you wanna go big you gotta start messing with it

See , - You dA mAn - Your last comment makes me want - I could sell my 2 690's with water blocks on for £800 each and then add £300 and get me 2 Titans. There might be a plan on the way.

Sleepy

Hmm , damn I think you guys might be right , as much of a Alienware fan boy as I am , I might have to build a desktop my self just so I can have the specs I want, damn sham Alienware are making desktops that are so much of a pain in the ass , as I was l looking forward to getting a auroura :-( .

O well I guess I will also save some money to , but now I won't be a Alienware owner :-( that is making me sad

Last edited:

holeyguy66

nah auroras are great but really arent meant for what we have them doing. ive wanted one since 2000 and i got it. i planned on modding it when the warrenty was up anyways. but let me ask you do you want a case like almost everybody has off the shelf or do you want something that is ascetically differant in every way. you can also check the outlet for good deals the only thing you would have to change is the gpu when you get it in. you might also get lucky and pick up one with a 680 or 2 in it for cheaper then new.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

See , - You dA mAn - Your last comment makes me want - I could sell my 2 690's with water blocks on for £800 each and then add £300 and get me 2 Titans. There might be a plan on the way.
man [video=youtube;tU6VPHsArII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU6VPHsArII[/video] heres a video of benching a single titan at 1920x1080 i found one of them running a single with a 5k resolution and it smashed 680s came out like half a frame behind the ares 2 7970. that might even be in this video as well.

MattyB

O well I guess I will also save some money to , but now I won't be a Alienware owner :-( that is making me sad

Just buy an old M11x. Then we won't have to kick you out of the club! :D