Transfering in new case, changing GPU and adding SSD

Brainless

Hey Everyone ! I'm new here! I've done some research to find some info, but nothing really anwser my question or specific situation. Or i'm just french and my understanding is too bad.. >.>

Jump to the last paragraph if you wanna go straight to the question.

First of all, i'm having problems with current GPU, having random blackouts and fan going crazy for no reason. Since i need to change it, i wanna upgrade to something better. I know our X51 is small and compact which limits us in what we can put in. So i wanna get a new case and transfer my x51 in it.

I'm a big gamer, 8h+ per day, i like having great fps running ultra graphics. Playing Guild wars 2 a lot atm

I'm not so good at building a computer, i wanted to before buying my Alienware. I'm not sure yet what graphic card should i get at first. I'd probably go for Nvidia Geforce 980 if you guys think its a good buy. I want to add a SSD to install all my games on it.

So what do i need to transfer an Alienware x51, with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 and a SSD. What type of case with suggestions, what power supply, what brand of SSD. And what am i missing ! Thank you :)

I see You

Hey Everyone ! I'm new here! I've done some research to find some info, but nothing really anwser my question or specific situation. Or i'm just french and my understanding is too bad.. >.>

Jump to the last paragraph if you wanna go straight to the question.

First of all, i'm having problems with current GPU, having random blackouts and fan going crazy for no reason. Since i need to change it, i wanna upgrade to something better. I know our X51 is small and compact which limits us in what we can put in. So i wanna get a new case and transfer my x51 in it.

I'm a big gamer, 8h+ per day, i like having great fps running ultra graphics. Playing Guild wars 2 a lot atm

I'm not so good at building a computer, i wanted to before buying my Alienware. I'm not sure yet what graphic card should i get at first. I'd probably go for Nvidia Geforce 980 if you guys think its a good buy. I want to add a SSD to install all my games on it.

So what do i need to transfer an Alienware x51, with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 and a SSD. What type of case with suggestions, what power supply, what brand of SSD. And what am i missing ! Thank you :)

I have done it it has a few hiccups but is ok, first off you will want a nice size PSU so look at the specs for the card you want to get and go with the default one it calls for or a little higher your call, something modular or wires is ok whichever you prefer. it will fit into any size case be it big or small, it has a mini itx board in it with a mini atx screw layout. As for SSD this i can't advise but i do no speed will suffer on SSD my tech tells me as it only has sata 2 on-board. So i can give you one word of caution when you insert your new video card into the PCI-E slot do not push hard or you will bust of a board cap, as the top of your video card will hit one so look out for that, just push till you feel a bump and call it good. Also First boot up your going to get a Power sensor error, ignore it hit the key and bypass. you will see that all the time unless you go into bios and turn errors off. Happy gaming i'm updating my board this month to a new one the old board served me well and nothing wrong with it just want a change. If you have any more questions for me i will be glad to answer to the best of my knowledge.