Transfering X51 into a larget case

Hi guys i just purchased a NZXT H440 Case as well as a 600 watt power supply for the upgrade, i have removed all of the parts and im going to do the transfer tomorrow, does anyone have any tips or has anyone had any problems when doing this? also is there a guide out there for doing this, i cant imagine that i am the first person to do it,thanks guys!

Funny I'm actually doing the same thing tomorrow. I'm going with the NZXT Phantom 410 and a Corsair CX500. I'm reusing the x51 mobo for a temp fix until I can purchase the MSI Z97-G5.

Two main things I found on my research (if you haven't finished the swap yet)
A- you'll get a power sensor failure on boot up you will have to bypass with f1 (because the daughter board is no longer present)

B- if you use the wifi the x51 came with that will also be lost as it connects through the daughter board.

C- possibly no USB 3.0 header (unconfirmed until tomorrow)

I will update tomorrow.

dmgp1

Mar 27, 2015
Yea your right , I was thinking just running it for now in a phantom case, until I can get the rest of the stuff I need,
I just purchased the gtx 980 and a monitor about week ago, I'm trying to set up for triple screen at 4k but I'm noticing for that I'm going to need a lot more, so for the mean time I just figure I could buy the case which is not to expensive and run all my stuff in there if its not to hard to do the swap, until I can buy new mother board, power supply , ect

X51 case swap went successful!! Here's my notes

A- if you don't swap daughter board you will lose wifi

B- Sata cable for hard drive/ optical drive is intertwined into one power connector via male molex. You will need a sata cable(s).

C- optical drive does not fit standard 5.25 bay ( as stated earlier)

Other than that installation was quite smooth with the phantom 410 & CX-500.

Gaming is MUCH smoother

Hey guys the transfer worked great! only thing is my computer still thinks its an alienware and every time it starts up it says power board error .... there is no power board anymore. other than that i havent had any power issues and have been able to overclock. is there any way for me to get regular bios? im kinda over the whole alienware thing

holeyguy66

Feb 26, 2012
louisiana
Hey guys the transfer worked great! only thing is my computer still thinks its an alienware and every time it starts up it says power board error .... there is no power board anymore. other than that i havent had any power issues and have been able to overclock. is there any way for me to get regular bios? im kinda over the whole alienware thing
no you are stuck with the alienware bios. need to get an off the shelf mobo for that

AdliAmirullah

Feb 25, 2017
Need Help:

I did successfully transfer my Alienware X51 to a new case. I'm using a new PSU and GPU. But I have a problem. My GPU is Gigabyte GTX 1060 3G rev 1.0. It works just fine but the LED is not lighting up. Anyone knows how to set it from Alienware bios?