Tribes Ascend

Commy1

Anyone playing this game? The beta just recently became open as of March 6th. It's a lot like Halo, even though I heard that it came out before Halo but whatever.

Anyone else find it fun? Opinions?

calric

Yea, i play; i've played justa bout all the tribes series. i think i only tried tribes vengence though my machine at the time wasn't too great to enjoy it as much.

I like it. - it has a lot of feel like the older ones; and also a lot updated and somewhat feels different too.
I just remembered that a friend of mine was playing another FPS and said he felt slow; maybe its just i'm getting older now and out of practice with FPS; but i kinda felt the same way in it.
i did take a break from FPS gaming for quite a long time a while there and just recently started getting back i'm sure that didn't help any.

Commy1

What class are you playing?
Situation and map depending I use them all roughly the same, excluding Raider and Pathfinder.

calric

The official release is today i think, or is it tomorrow?

i generally play light classes.
I'm used to playing light defense, dueling, capping from the past series and i generally feel like im staying with that.

im not so used to the machine gun weapon yet. I havn't played much recently since i've been playing starwars, but i'll play some more; i bet others that i lost contact with will play and you should see me in game; keep an eye out for me i play as calric. I think there's a freindlist; add me and we cna play sometime

Commy1

Cool, yeah it came out yesterday officially, gonna be hard for them to release the new weapons and stuff without the ability to tweek mid game. The new Plasma guns are gonna come out and everyone's going to forget about the "EFFING JACKAL IS SO OP!" and turn on them.

I usually play INF, a lot of people hate me just because I like to cause havoc :p
If not INF then Pathfinder. Gotta go fast after all lol...
I'm pretty well acquainted with the other classes except Raider, just never got into him. Probably should, seeing as how the Jackal is just like it.

Edit: my user is Commy1 =)

Commy1

Anyone have an opinion on the new Raider weapons? Plasma gun, SMG and Grenades? Too OP? Is the Plasma gun partially seeking? They say that it's amazing for mid airs and it totally is, but I notice the reticle for it is all those little arrows, does it like stick to people almost? I really like the new SMG, great for long range finishing. Grenades are of course useful but aside from crowds I haven't seen much use.

Commy1

Seriously no one is playing Tribes? If anyone follows Twitch.tv they should check out the 2500$ matches. It was pretty intense, I'd love to play on a CTF team, would almost be a dream come true. I only really play pub CTF and more often than not, even with a lot of shout outs and commands, no one responds. Capping or base raiding doesn't matter.

I think AWO should get into Tribes and try starting a team up.

Jenova

Too close to d3 time, I think Can't wait. I get off work Monday night to join the midnight release at my local best buy.

calric

agree'd too close to d3, lol. i have mine ordered and downlaoded, ready to start installing at midnight :X

Commy1

Wow.. I played D2 and D1 but never really got into the dungeon crawler type of games. I finished them though, and Dungeon Siege 1 and 2.

Jenova

D1 was decent, still nostalgic to play. D2 was great, loved the easy leveling and pvp was fun.
D3 is seriously impressing me. I like how they kept with the same camera view but hiked graphics and physics way up, still keeping a good story and combat to keep it interesting too.