test

TROUBLESHOOTING - speakers are blown after a week of normal use....

John

I don't feel like I was irresponsible. I never even cranked the volume to 11... Still, my speakers are almost completely blown. WTF!? (no... i need to say it out loud: WHAT THE ****!!!?). What would be my best course of action? I payed over 1.2k for this computer, and I've only had it for about 2 months. I cannot tolerate faulty parts. How is the limited warrenty? Is it worth the effort? Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Sushi

I've had this issue, but it seemed to be a driver issue as opposed to anything else. I got the same distortion from the audiojack, so I figured it was either the card or the driver. Lucky for me, it was the driver. You should try reinstalling yours, or just disabling the driver through playback devices(right click sound on taskbar > playback devices > if it says that the driver is creating problems, disable it). I'd like to hear how it goes ^.^

John

I've had this issue, but it seemed to be a driver issue as opposed to anything else. I got the same distortion from the audiojack, so I figured it was either the card or the driver. Lucky for me, it was the driver. You should try reinstalling yours, or just disabling the driver through playback devices(right click sound on taskbar > playback devices > if it says that the driver is creating problems, disable it). I'd like to hear how it goes ^.^
I've gotten a resolution. I called support and they did software tests via remote access. They all passed, so it was concluded a hardware issue. They offered to send a tech out to me to replace the speakers. It was that easy. It went better than I was expecting, so hell yeah! :D

Sushi

That's great to hear! I've heard some really bad things about technicians from dell, so I'm glad they didn't screw up your system.

Artron3030

I think so far my experience with tech support and technicians coming to help is great. I think its awesome that they send someone to your house to fix your machine. Great experience in my opinion.

John

I think so far my experience with tech support and technicians coming to help is great. I think its awesome that they send someone to your house to fix your machine. Great experience in my opinion.

same here. over the phone, they did every software check they could. but once they all came back negative it was determined to be a hardware issue. they didn't waste any time. a tech was sent out right away.