Truth in gaming.

WaLkAwaY

Feb 4, 2012
Earth
Old-Vs-New-Games.jpg

True because everyone in society has to be a winner and if you do not hand out 25th place trophies the first place winner will be seen as a bully and society will tear them down because everyone must be coddled and made to feel special even though they are not.

Winning is the new losing.

If you excel at something you are expected to feel badly for it.

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
Agreed, the world has changed and not for the better. That was my game back in the day too. Weird how it's on my cell phone now though, would've NEVER thought I'd have a mobile phone let alone being able to play games on it...I'm old!!!! Doom ftw

tappin from the Nexus 4

I remember playing Doom, spending hours on playing the same levels over and over but loving it so much. Games now do have so much more in them that maybe some designers have got lost in what the gaming is about. Don't get me wrong I love all sorts of different games but sometimes things are to easy and I have got trapped in trying to get all achievements and having to find every hidden item that I forget why I got into gaming in the first place. Since I've got my alien I have been trying to play games for that reason, to be entertained like a great film or book rather than to just get the highest score or earn medals and achievements.
Although the crazy achievement junkie inside my brain keeps pushing to get out...

forJAT

Aug 7, 2013
Austin, TX
Old-Vs-New-Games.jpg

True because everyone in society has to be a winner and if you do not hand out 25th place trophies the first place winner will be seen as a bully and society will tear them down because everyone must be coddled and made to feel special even though they are not.

Winning is the new losing.

If you excel at something you are expected to feel badly for it.

+1
I could not have said it any better.