test

Two Hours Of Aliens Colonial Marines

WaLkAwaY

IGN has posted a video two hours long of game play from the upcoming title Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

EDIT: Through searching the one date that consistently returns is February 12th for release on PC.

Last edited:

MattyB

I think I will for sure. That sentence didn't really make sense sorry.

VagrantXeth

The review on gametrailers was abysmal. Since I do not generally buy into what the "experts" say, I want to know from the end user, like you guys in the gaming community, if it is any good. So does anyone here have it? And if so, is it worth the price of admission?

Sent from Tapatalk via my Samsung Galaxy S III

I pre-ordered the collectors edition...
The game OK I would wait until the price comes down for purchase.
Friendly and enemy AI is bad.
Graphics are DX9 and look dated.
MP is bad full stop - no available games and modes are stoopid.

MattyB

No. Do not buy this game. It is horrible. It's like stepping back to 2007 gameplay (or worse). Buy it if you can pick it up for $15.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

I feel completely ripped off after buying this game. I can't believe it's from the same makers as Borderlands 2!

VagrantXeth

Thanks for the info. I will pass on the premium price and wait for it to drop. Then maybe I might consider when it hits bargain status.

Sent from Tapatalk via my Samsung Galaxy S III

WaLkAwaY

Yeah it is pretty bad. But I bought it because I am an Aliens fan. My favorite movie actually.

WaLkAwaY

I finished it. But you know what Crysis 3 is no better. Sure the graphics are awesome but it really has no replay value once you finish it. Graphics alone do not make a game.

VagrantXeth

That is truly sad. Like Walkaway, Aliens was one of my all time faves and with the premise that they would be utilizing unused concept designs from Cameron's version, I thought that it would validate what could have been an awesome game. Guess we will have to wait for someone to do something worthwhile with the franchise.

WaLkAwaY

Best Aliens based game ever was AvP2 and the follow on packs. No other game has actually made me jump before and I have played Dead Space and most that were supposed to be aimed at being terror thriller type games.

MattyB

I finished it. But you know what Crysis 3 is no better. Sure the graphics are awesome but it really has no replay value once you finish it. Graphics alone do not make a game.

I haven't played any of the Crysis games (I know, that's crazy talk) but I have heard that the original still has the best storyline out of the three. Why do game producers do this these days? Seems like they are just pumping them out to get quick sales. Blizzard had 10 years to improve on Diablo 2 and it seems they knocked it up in about 4 months. That's my rant for the day

I'm slowly playing Crysis 3 now, sure it looks great and besides Crysis was always about technical achievement and shooting so my limited expectations are serving me well and I'm liking it.
If you want badass graphics, (better than crysis) and one of the best stories and high replay value look no further than the witcher franchise. I can't wait for TW3!

OG1-KENOBI

I'm slowly playing Crysis 3 now, sure it looks great and besides Crysis was always about technical achievement and shooting so my limited expectations are serving me well and I'm liking it.
If you want badass graphics, (better than crysis) and one of the best stories and high replay value look no further than the witcher franchise. I can't wait for TW3!

Im loving the witcher at the moment. I have the Witcher 2 already installed for when i complete the first.