test

UK X51 Buyers beware!

Simmo

A warning to anyone in the UK who is considering ordering an Alienware X51, if you go to build a system on thier website today it will give you an estimated shipping date of 15th March, thats speedy right?!

Well I ordered mine on the 4th and still my system hasnt even gone in to production, my estimated shipping date is now the 22nd March, Im not holding my breath seen as though it hasnt even been built yet!!

Cant get any real answers from Customer Services and the whole ordering experience has been difficult to say the least, I now wish I had just bought elsewhere.

Very disappointed

Got told this morning that they haven't got the parts to build the machine, then when I complained on their facebook site I suddenly got a call saying they have got the parts and it will be with me by the 22nd... lets wait and see

m15chief

Was looking at buying an x51, not sure if I need one to sit beside the14 but thinking I might splurge

Shadowspike

Dont worry young padowan have patience ...itll all soon b worth it
Hehe
BUt do let us knw whether they get u ure system by he 22nd or not

Simmo

Still down as Pre-Production and estimated Delivery on or before Friday, what are my chances?!

Simmo

Went in to production today, fingers crossed for friday!

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Very predictably received an email from Dell today saying new delivery date is now the 3rd of april with no reason why, had enough of waiting, going to cancel my order, joke company

Simmo

Got a tracking number, going to be delivered 27th ordered on the 4th, managed to get £50 compensation too.

MattyB

That's not too bad then. My first one took 3 weeks. Cash back always helps for some new games!

Simmo

Well it arrived yesterday, box was all smashed up and I feared the worst, unboxed everything and all was ok, still getting used to windows 8, just need to get some games now, how does BF3 play on this thing?

MattyB

Well it arrived yesterday, box was all smashed up and I feared the worst, unboxed everything and all was ok, still getting used to windows 8, just need to get some games now, how does BF3 play on this thing?

I would be pissed about the box! Take photos and send to Dell just to cover yourself. I haven't given my X51 a good go on BF3 yet. Windows 8 sucks. I'll probably use one of my AW discs to install Windows 7 instead.

yikes81

Yeh I would be pissed about the box as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

jackmanz

I ordered x51 and it arrived in one week 6 days after order been place... BF3 works great on x51...

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I ordered x51 and it arrived in one week 6 days after order been place... BF3 works great on x51...

Aren't they made/assembled where you are located? If so that might be why or was it a stock configuration with not much customization?