test

Unable to turn off Enduro

Zarshack

I have recently noticed a dip in my systems overall performance and have come to the conclusion that Enduro being on could be the cause.

The problem is that the normal FN+F7 isn't doing anything and not turning the switchable graphics off.

I had the Switchable graphics off before but decided to turn them back on because i was sick of CCC giving me errors all the time and i didn't know there was a performance loss with Enduro running.

If anyone knows why i am unable to use FN+F7 or knows another way i can turn off Enduro i would really appreciate the help.

n13L5

I believe this M17xR4 review has some details on the issues with AMD's Enduro, and strange performance degradation under certain circumstances.

The reviewer did turn off Enduro for testing the issue. I hope there might be something in that text to help you...

Zarshack

Thank you for the input, I'm afraid that doesn't help me here because for some unknown reason my FN+F7 isn't working and isn't turning off the switchable graphics. It's interesting to see some of the performance differences shown on the graph though.

n13L5

You are rebooting after hitting FN + F7...?

I'd try uninstalling the Radeon/Enduro drivers, rebooting the machine and installing them again. You are using Dell's drivers for this? Or did you install a new driver from AMD's website? Whatever you have now, you should use a driver provided by Dell for the new install...

If that doesn't work, it seems like a good reason to call Dell's support line.

Though they are scary... I remember having Dell's on-site support come by my office once... the guy actually was from Texas and carried a giant screw driver and lacked the fine motor control and attention even for Dell's chunky laptops...

After seeing that screw driver, I thought to myself that he should have stuck to repairing farm equipment. Sure enough, he broke some plastic part and scratched up the lid in his proceedings, followed by an inability to put the hinges back together the way they were. After his visit, I had to call Dell again to get replacement parts and a guy with laptop-sized tools.

People at my work were laughing pretty hard about that...

Zarshack

Nah I'm not rebooting it after i press the FN+F7 simply because before it would tell me that it needed to be rebooted, now it does nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers from Dell/AMD numerous times. I am currently using the latest Dell Driver for the 7970M. That sounds like a scarey story.