test

Update bios to A12 or not

kenthurgood

Hi,

Just wondering if the bios update to A12 is recommended or not, if unit is functioning properly.

Appreciate any advice.

DDuB420

I'm curious as well, it's stated on the dell site that the a12 bios has added a GPU switch option in F2
Which I'm using an unlocked a08 for that reason. I might make the update if I know it is stable.

jacobberke

If your system works fine then I don't believe you ever need to update something. But I always update to the latest, but it's not always needed, once it screwed my computer up but it's very rare. I say you should update it, just to have the latest.

yikes81

Personally, the motto "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies.

I would only do a BIOS update if something doesn't work. Read the release notes if you really want to update, and see what was fixed.

Sent via Tapatalk

MattyB

I'm assuming that it still doesn't have support for SATA 3......??? I think I'll stick with A08 for now if it doesn't.

kepano24

If your system works fine then I don't believe you ever need to update something. But I always update to the latest, but it's not always needed, once it screwed my computer up but it's very rare. I say you should update it, just to have the latest.

a11 for my m17xr4 i got in October...messed my lighting up...needless to say i did a restore to factory as my save folder was empty...and the issues was still there...after overwriting the a11 with the old a10 my lighting worked again