Updated BIOS and now X51 R2 will not boot?

rstars

Jul 9, 2016
Hi all,

I recently installed an update to my bios and chipset from Dells official website because I figured it would be a good idea to update to the latest. I was running A01 and installed A10 for BIOS. I installed the chipset and BIOS update in Windows and restarted the computer. Now when I try to boot it up, after seeing the Alienware words at start up, I get stuck on a black screen with a flashing mouse that is movable (the mouse flashes busy and not busy...). When on the black screen I tried pressing CTRL and typing in my password but that doesn't work. I can get into the BIOS when I press F2 at startup but I am not sure what to do to get the computer to actually boot to Windows. If anyone can offer any assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

rstars

Jul 9, 2016
Thank you for the replies. Yes I did get this solved. I think the problem lies with my graphics card. When I plugged my monitor directly into the motherboard integrated graphics HDMI slot all works fine. I will get a new graphics card soon and see if it still works when the monitor is plugged directly into the discrete graphics.