Currently its running on:
Stock Alienware Motherboard
Intel i7 @ 2.67 GHz
6 GB RAM
64 Bit OS
2 Radeon 5870 Crossfire
2x 1tb Seagate 7200 Rpm Drives
By3lyb

Im looking to give this thing a complete revamp and get it running Lightning fast, so any upgrade available, motherboard, usb's cpu etc. Anything and everything to improve this thing

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
There are a few of us here who have done this to our machines in the past. It all depends how far you want to go and spend.
It will all start at the motherboard. You will need one that is an mATX style. Anything larger will not fit. Then you have to choose which socket mobo you want. This will depend on what CPU you want to put in there.
After that you need a good quality SSD for your OS. A 256gb one will do OK but get higher if you can afford. You can keep your 1Tb drives for storage.
Your general speed will come from a good quality mobo/cpu cobo and your SSD. Most people will get 16gb RAM. It's more than generally needed but that's what we do here anyway.
The GPU's will all depend on your budget and brand preference.
You will have to get an aftermarket CPU cooler since your AW one will not fit the new mother board. Just make sure that the new radiator is similar size to your old one so it will fit snug in it's spot.
That's all I can think of now. Probably missed a few things. It's been a while since I've played around with my rig.