test

upgrade from 16GB DDR3 1333 to DDR3 1600

kenthurgood

Hi,
I was wondering if there will be any noticeable improvement by my upgrading my memory from 1333 to 1600.
Appreciate any info if someone has done this upgrade.

Maelstrom

RAN upgrades tend not to be that noticeable. And sometimes It's not even worth it if your processor can't run the new speeds. If your processor doesn't support 1600MHz then it will downclock the RAM back to 1333MHz. If you want to upgrade you should check to see if it will even make a difference first.

BlackJair

RAN upgrades tend not to be that noticeable. And sometimes It's not even worth it if your processor can't run the new speeds. If your processor doesn't support 1600MHz then it will downclock the RAM back to 1333MHz. If you want to upgrade you should check to see if it will even make a difference first.
How can you do that? o_O I mean... Test if it will make any difference.

yikes81

check the motherboard box and see if the new RAM speeds are supported. or Google.

yikes81

How can you do that? o_O I mean... Test if it will make any difference.
The speeds will make a difference, but only to the benchmark junkies. I do not think that the improvements will be noticable to the human eye.

AeonSoul

Well the higher frequency means a faster response time, but I guess it's barely noticeable from 1333 to 1600.

jayhernandez7

You want to keep in mind, does your motherboard support higher speeds? Is it worth upgrading for such a small difference in speed? Do you plan to overclock the new RAM to go further? Also, when it comes to RAM, unless you're going from 2GB to 8GB+, you won't really notice a difference.