Upgrade or sell?

Tiphon Set

The warranty is almost up and I wanted to ask you guys if I should upgrade my system or sell it and build my own desktop. I'm a Win 7 64 bit user with a 780m 4gig vram graphics card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz, 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s + 64G B mSATA SSD Caching, 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Intel turbo boost). I'm getting a Windows Experience Index of 5.9 total, processor 7.6, Ram 7.8, graphics 7.9, gaming graphics 7.9 with the primary disk at 5.9. It's a great system but gaming wise it isn't as much of a performer as I was hoping for. I've optimized my system for high performance and have tried everything I can think of. Do you have any tips for worthwhile improvements or upgrades that'd give me a consistent framerate of 60fps on max settings or should I sell it and begin a custom build?

The warranty is almost up and I wanted to ask you guys if I should upgrade my system or sell it and build my own desktop. I'm a Win 7 64 bit user with a 780m 4gig vram graphics card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz, 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s + 64G B mSATA SSD Caching, 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Intel turbo boost). I'm getting a Windows Experience Index of 5.9 total, processor 7.6, Ram 7.8, graphics 7.9, gaming graphics 7.9 with the primary disk at 5.9. It's a great system but gaming wise it isn't as much of a performer as I was hoping for. I've optimized my system for high performance and have tried everything I can think of. Do you have any tips for worthwhile improvements or upgrades that'd give me a consistent framerate of 60fps on max settings or should I sell it and begin a custom build?

I don't see a reason to upgrade unless you want to get a Desktop. You won't see much of a performance boost from the system that you have if you upgrade your Laptop. You can't really compare Desktop Performance to Laptop performance...They are two different Animals. I have a Alienware 17, and an Alienware ALX R4. If you could afford it, then I would keep your Laptop and build a Desktop also. You never know when you may want to use your Laptop..for example..if you go on a Vacation somewhere...