test

upgrading gpu, few questions.

xNewdull

i have an alienware aurora r4 im going to be upgrading soon and have a few questions.

Current Specs are:

16 gb ram -- intel i7-3820 @3.6 GHz -- GTX 680 -- Nothing has been upgraded, bought from alienware so im assuming it came w/ the 875W PSU.

I finially am going to be upgrading the gpu to a GTX 10' series. and was wondering what i should consider, skipping so many gens. i know ill have to do a BIOS upgrade, currently have A07. Can i go strait to the newest from A07 or should i upgrade them sequentially? Also if anyone has any experience with issues in dropping a 10 series in a r4, i know the case is pretty small for newer cards, and some cards are hard to fit in the case, with overheating issues and such. don't plan to SLI so i didn't think fitting would be an issue, but i'd hate to buy it and see that it doesn't fit. thanks in advance.

Kanes_Inferno

I put a GTX 1070 in my Aurora R4. Had zero issues. I jumped up to the newest bios version, without issue, however I have heard it's best to update one at a time. You might want to research that one.

The 10 series will fix just fine.

jayhernandez7

Yes, definitely upgrade your BIOS one version at a time. I had an issue where I went to the latest version and had to flash it to the factory version and install each one at a time. Also, what are you going to do with that 690?