Upgrading my graphics card

Enrix

Hi everyone,
I bought my X51 like... 2 years ago, and I would like to upgrade my graphics card.
It has a GTX 760... but sincerely I am a novice when it comes to hardware, so would you suggest me which graphics card would fit and would work, please?
From the Alienware website I see that they support the GTX 980... would that be ok?
Any suggestion is apprecciated.
Thank you and regards!

Noah-kun

You need to make sure you have the R2 model, aka revision 2. I you have that you can use a stock speed GTX 980. That means no "OC", overclocked or superclocked models. The PNY ones sold by Dell are an example of one that will work, there is also a EVGA one, or an OCUK one.

tangonaninc

Also... besides the R2 version, you need the 330 Watt power supply. If you want to put a GTX 980 in, you have to remove the front fan or replace it with a smaller version so the graphics card can fit. Follow some youtube tear down videos, its easy. I have already done this to my R2 and waiting on purchasing the GTX 980 myself.

Enrix

Well, I don't even know if I have the R2 version... so I guess there will be no upgrade for me :/
Thank you guys for your suggestions, and please feel free to leave a comment if you have more

pengful

Easy. Turn the pc around and read what's printed on the back plate. If it's an R2, it will read "X51 R2".