test

UPS help

zyxzes

Hi guys, I have an Alienware aurora and when I try to play some games on it my UPS gets overloaded and makes an annoying beeping noise. My UPS is a Cyber Power 600va/340Watts, I'm really new to this stuff, any help would be great.
Thanks.

DDuB420

How many beeps?
It's trying to tell you something is wrong, check your manual for a beep code table.

You might figure out the issue that way.

zyxzes

thanks for the reply and sorry I posted it in the wrong place, still new to this stuff. The computer itself is not beeping but my UPS is. Do I need a ups to match my pc's power draw. my aurora has an 800watt power supply, so I guess what I am asking is if my UPS needs to be rated the same or higher. once again thanks for the help and sorry for acting like such a noob :)

DDuB420

I meant your UPS manual. It will tell you if the beeps are failure,battery issues..etc
Do you have anything else plugged in besides your aurora?

zyxzes

yah my monitor, light, and speakers and the manual says that the warning alarm means that I'm pulling more power than it can handle

yikes81

you have an Uninterruptible Power Supply?? It should pass the power straight through, and then only provide power when the mains gives out.

zyxzes

yah I have a UPS but it says in the manual that my power requirements exceed the capabilities of the unit. I was just wondering if I need a bigger one that has more watts or if it another problem. thanks for the help

yikes81

You are in an Alienware forum, where excessive spending is the norm. Of course you need a bigger one.

Sent via Tapatalk

zyxzes

yah tell me about it haha. I kinda figured out my problem. thanks for all the help.

yikes81

He was drawing too much power, and the UPS was warning him that it would not be able to supply the required power.

Sent via Tapatalk