test

Useless @*#$%&%&$ Fed Ex

JDThird

At this rate I may never get my X51... Took them four days to get it from fort worth to Milwaukee, and it's sat here within 15 miles of me for 6 days now. First they couldn't get it on the truck Friday for delivery. So then it sat 15 miles from me over the three day weekend since there's nobody there to let you pick things up on the weekend for their ground service, unlike UPS. Yesterday they went to deliver it but didn't. I was actually watching on my security camera at home as they pulled up, brought the box to the door, then left with the box. My Tracking shows "indirect signature required" and when I asked on Friday of Fed Ex support if there's some way to get the package delivered without me being there, they gave me a link to a FAQ http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/tracking/number/index.html and the bottom option clearly states what to do with an "indirect signature" requirement, which is how my X51 was sent. But they ignored that and took it back. I called immediately to fed ex support since I work like four minutes from my house and asked them if he can redeliver. The guy called the driver and said they would redilver, and the driver asked for my phone number to call me when he does. I took the rest of the day off, they never called, they never attempted redelivery. I'm at home today, took off again, and some idiot just called me saying that somehow now they have some bizarre address in another city, and they're not sure which address is right. I asked how they could possibly have gotten it right yesterday but don't have a clue now. I asked about the FAQ and she wouldn't answer, or couldn't, about why it wasn't delivered yesterday.

I've always hated Fed Ex. I mean, in all seriousness, less than half the things I get that have to be delivered by Fed Ex acutally arrive without either problems from Fed Ex not actually delivering it, to Fed Ex damaging it when they do manae to get here with it. Over 10 grand I spent at Amazon alone last year, not a single package damaged or not shipped on time, all using UPS. I ordered things this Sunday, the holiday weekend, that were slated for delivery on Thursday then. UPS emailed me yesterday that everything slated for Thursday has been moved up to Wednesday. And one of THOSE items still arrived on TUESDAY.

I'm done buying anything from Dell anymore until they offer some other option for shipping. This is just insane.

And of course it's not just another system for my home, it's to replace a failed media center computer, so I've been without TV and everything this entire time.

Thanks Dell, and thanks Fed Ex. This machine had better do a tap dance on the table, spin a yo you, and sing the Star Spangled Banner after all this. :)

We'll see if it actually makes it here this time.

GoHack

At this rate I may never get my X51... Took them four days to get it from fort worth to Milwaukee, and it's sat here within 15 miles of me for 6 days now. First they couldn't get it on the truck Friday for delivery. So then it sat 15 miles from me over the three day weekend since there's nobody there to let you pick things up on the weekend for their ground service, unlike UPS. Yesterday they went to deliver it but didn't. I was actually watching on my security camera at home as they pulled up, brought the box to the door, then left with the box. My Tracking shows "indirect signature required" and when I asked on Friday of Fed Ex support if there's some way to get the package delivered without me being there, they gave me a link to a FAQ http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/tracking/number/index.html and the bottom option clearly states what to do with an "indirect signature" requirement, which is how my X51 was sent. But they ignored that and took it back. I called immediately to fed ex support since I work like four minutes from my house and asked them if he can redeliver. The guy called the driver and said they would redilver, and the driver asked for my phone number to call me when he does. I took the rest of the day off, they never called, they never attempted redelivery. I'm at home today, took off again, and some idiot just called me saying that somehow now they have some bizarre address in another city, and they're not sure which address is right. I asked how they could possibly have gotten it right yesterday but don't have a clue now. I asked about the FAQ and she wouldn't answer, or couldn't, about why it wasn't delivered yesterday.

I've always hated Fed Ex. I mean, in all seriousness, less than half the things I get that have to be delivered by Fed Ex acutally arrive without either problems from Fed Ex not actually delivering it, to Fed Ex damaging it when they do manae to get here with it. Over 10 grand I spent at Amazon alone last year, not a single package damaged or not shipped on time, all using UPS. I ordered things this Sunday, the holiday weekend, that were slated for delivery on Thursday then. UPS emailed me yesterday that everything slated for Thursday has been moved up to Wednesday. And one of THOSE items still arrived on TUESDAY.

I'm done buying anything from Dell anymore until they offer some other option for shipping. This is just insane.

And of course it's not just another system for my home, it's to replace a failed media center computer, so I've been without TV and everything this entire time.

Thanks Dell, and thanks Fed Ex. This machine had better do a tap dance on the table, spin a yo you, and sing the Star Spangled Banner after all this. :)

We'll see if it actually makes it here this time.

I've had my issues as well, but w/UPS, who I won't do ANY business with. For one, their nearest office for pickup is several miles away from my home, while FedEx is just down the street.

You can make arrangements to have a neighbor sign. With something as expensive as a computer, there is just too much of a risk of just leaving at your door. You can also make arrangements to pick up your packages at their local offices rather than have them delivered. I have to do it all the time because I don't have anyone at home available to sign.

Sadly, FedEx, nor UPS, will deliver sooner than your promised date, should they have your package. It'll just sit wherever it is until the delivery date, when they all of a sudden rush for it's delivery.

I myself had a problem w/my Alienware x51 getting delivered. They assemble them down in Mexico. Mine was suppose to be delivered on a Friday, but it got stuck at the Border over the weekend, and didn't get delivered until Tuesday of the following week. I had been looking forward to getting the system on that Friday for the weekend. I don't know if it was Dell's fault, the Mexican delivery service who delivered it to the border, or FedEx's, who pick it up at the Border, down in Texas.

All I can say is, don't trust their promised delivery date, especially if they say that your system will be delivered on a Friday.

As for Dell, I won't do any business w/their Home branch. I only deal w/their Business. They are a lot more professional. They can, and do answer questions, w/o putting you on hold for someone else up the line to answer. Are an American branch, and so speak fluent and understandable English. Are a lot more personal, rather than cold, in dealing w/their customer.

JDThird

I have UPS deliver before the promised date all the time. Got one on the Tuesday after labor day when it wasn't scheduled until Thursday. And with UPS I can always go to the local depot and get by hand. Couldn't do that with Fed Ex Ground here.

As far as neighbors, no way I'd trust any of these retards. Have a security system up because of the juvenile delinquent neighbor kids that watches in all directions around my house.

I *used* to deal with the dell business branch... I'm a CTO in an IT firm, and the last time I had to deal with Dell for corporate systems, I spent, literally, three months going round and round for a bad video card - had lines and jumping video, as if an old TV signal jumping poorly. They swore it was a windows problem despite the fact that it happened when I would power on and enter the BIOS. They just didn't understand windows drivers could have NOTHING to do with what is displayed when you interrupt the POST and enter the bios. Three months I spent beating my head against EVERY level there.

Unfortunately for me, once I decided to dump the Mac Mini, I had no other viable alternatives for a media center system that wasn't a large ugly desktop or tower. This Alienware X51 was about the only thing I could find prebuilt, as I no longer have any desire to build my own PC's - stopped doing that in the days of the 486DX and first pentiums... So I decided to bite the bullet and deal with Dell despite the previous history I've had and disappointments. I still have my Dell Studio Hybrid I had when Vista was out, and I loved that - still my all time favorite small form factor PC, but it just stunk with Windows 7, while it played 1080 video fine, the menus in WMC were jumpy and horrible. So I tried a Zino, and found out just how bad a PC can be - kept it for two days before selling it to someone else and buying my first Mini.

But Dell was actually great throughout this - was't anything with Dell, just Fed Ex and their ineptness. Dell was actually on the ball and almost annoying, calling me every day to see if it had arrived yet, and apologizing when it hadn't. And the machine has been rock solid for me, so all in all the end result is everything I had hoped it would be. Just wished Dell had options besides Fed Up for shipping...