test

vengeance is so nice

holeyguy66

thats right i got me some vengeance he he
all 16 gigs of it that is at 1600. got it for 65 bux off ebay couldnt pass it up. they make these guys look tiny

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Cool. I use Corsair Vengeance or Dominator memory in my past desktop builds. Great stuff.

MattyB

I have a set of Corsair Vengeance LP at home in the drawer. They don't seem to like my ALX for some reason (work fine in the old Aurora though). I'm waiting to try them on a new mobo.

LW_Black4

Vengeance memory is great as long as it`s not an X79 chipset platform. For the X79 platform Vengeance memory has proved to be troublesome, and the Republic of Gamers forums recommend Dominator series memory instead.

MattyB

Don't know. I kept getting BSOD's while using my DVD ripping software. I put it in my Aurora and it chewed through it. I put the old RAM back into the ALX and it worked fine. One of life's great mysteries.....

Hadn't read LW_Black4's message above before writing that. Maybe not such a big mystery then. Glad I wasn't going crazy.

MattyB

Now I have expensive RAM that I can't put into my ALX. I guess I'll have to put it back in the Aurora when I sell it.

MattyB

I have the standard RAM in it now. If I sell it on eBay, I'll get nothing for it. I may as well get nothing for it selling it with the Aurora :p

AeonSoul

Don't know. I kept getting BSOD's while using my DVD ripping software. I put it in my Aurora and it chewed through it. I put the old RAM back into the ALX and it worked fine. One of life's great mysteries.....

Hadn't read LW_Black4's message above before writing that. Maybe not such a big mystery then. Glad I wasn't going crazy.
Is your ALX x79? Otherwise try to adjust the RAM timings in the BIOS according to the ones from the specifications of your RAM. A co-worker of mine had that sort of trouble cause the timings in the BIOS were set to something different.

MattyB

Didn't think of that. I'll have a look when I get home. Cheers.

MattyB

Will do. Hopefully I can work out how to do it without blowing myself up! :p

yikes81

Its ok. If you blow yourself up, we will put you back together like Robocop, but with Alienware parts!!!!

MattyB

It cost me over $200 and it's been used for about 10 minutes. It's probably not really worth selling. I think I'll try adjusting the RAM timings like AeonSoul suggests first. I'll let you know if that fails.