test

Very hot underneath, especially the battery

Ianm63

On an M17x R3....I just got it today (2nd hand but very good condition), everything's fine apart from this...

I got a cool tray with it, it's got 2 fans in it and seems to work well...but after about 10 mins on it (whether you connect the fan or not (works on usb) the underneath of the laptop especially the battery, is very hot.. Infact as I write this, I put my hand under it, where the metal plate is, is hot, very hot!

Surely this isnt right....should I take it back to him, as he did say, if there's any problems let me know.....well I think this is one!....or is it

Maelstrom

What direction are the cooler fans facing? If they are opposite the one's in the laptop then they could be inhibiting the effect that the built ones are having instead of aiding it.

If you think about it if you have the fans sucking the air out that your laptops fans are trying to suck in then you'll run into some problems.

MattyB

Does it still run really hot without the cooler? If it does you may want to open her up and give it a good clean and maybe also do a repaste.

Ianm63

Mael.....the fans blow the right way ie in, so that should be fine

Matt......I'm just doing it now, the thing is, he said it heated up with before but found out that either the cpu and/or graphics cars needed repasted, so he did it....but said it was now fine.....dont think so!

Ianm63

I spoke to him.....seemingly the R3's get very hot due to bad cooling, I Googled it too.....why is this

Last edited: