test

Vid Card Recommendations

WaLkAwaY

Building a computer for my friends kids for xmas. The kids are in the know and I do not want it slipped that the computer cost an extreme amount as that would bother the parents. So no SLI 690 4GB.

Was thinking this or this

Any other suggestions? Or reasons why those cards would not work?

Nvidia only please.

AeonSoul

You might also want to consider a 560 Ti, should be cheaper and it shouldn't have that big difference performance-wise.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I have to agree with AeonSoul, the 560Ti is a good performer and will play any game right now. My personal choice is the 580 since I had two versions of that card from EVGA. Both were excellent cards running cool and quiet.

DDuB420

I have to agree with AeonSoul, the 560Ti is a good performer and will play any game right now. My personal choice is the 580 since I had two versions of that card from EVGA. Both were excellent cards running cool and quiet.

I have a 560 TI in one of my custom desktops and I have no complaints about it. Good performance for a good price, what more can you ask for?

MattyB

Just based on price, go with the 560 Ti. If you were seriously thinking about the 580 I would suggest you go for the 670 instead. Awesome performance and it draws way less power than the 580. Looking on Newegg, the prices are similar to the 580 and it also comes with a few free games at the moment too.