test

WANTED: Original Alienware (Not Dell) Area-51 m15x laptop battery

n9emz

Original battery went belly-up some years back and wife has used it since then on the AC power supply. Circumstances forcing me to go mobile again. New preferred but reliable used condition is acceptable alternative. Contact at n9emz@aol.com. Thanks and regards,
Sam

Andrew_J994

Have you considered rebuilding the battery yourself? Batteries for pre dell machines are only becoming harder and harder to find hence why I bought a parts laptop for my M17 R1 battery because mine didnt even come with one. Hope this helps or you find one in good condition.
-Andrew

n9emz

No, because I suffer essential tremors that makes anything having to do with electrical piecework impossible. However, I inquired with several electronics techs who declined on rebuilding it. Early 2018, I purchased a new Dell m15x, virtually built to same/better specs, and it couldn't keep up with mine....even after I got rid of all the crapware. Thank you for the response.

Andrew_J994

Man that is kinda funny that the newer one couldnt keep up with yours! They just dont make em like they used to it seems. Sorry to hear about your tremors and the shops rejecting service. I have pondered with the thought of building batteries for the M17 R1, M9750 and M9700 series due to no availability, maybe the same principal could apply here. Also, would you happen to have the battery model number on hand?

n9emz

I reformatted it for the first microsoft upgrade for XP and Win7 and it bogged down....crapware was 50% of the problem. Couldn't find my XP SP3 discs so I respawned it using the original XP and AW discs....still have them. Then located my XP SP3 kit.....loaded it and it's still going strong. At times it's been a bear keeping it going....several sshd and dvd replacements, not to mention peripheral and program patches. But it cranks right along. Oh, no matter that I was forewarned and kept them lubed, the left screen hinge let go several years ago and I gorilla taped it. Bear with me now, please.

This story got lost in the transition from the original AW message boards. This m15x was pre-ordered before it was actually released....had to wait several months for it and it was my dream machine. It has the AW script on the bottom and states it was made for "Bald Headed Floridian Bastard." My wife hated laptops believing they're stupid, but upon unboxing and firing it up she staked her claim on it....it was the skullcap and lighting that did it. The only use I've gotten out of it has been fixing her screw-ups, multiple reformats and repairs. No other machine I bought and demonstrated for her....I couldn't get it back.

This is the hard part and please don't make it a big deal....publicly, I'm not. My wife passed away at 3:08 EDT Sunday, 02/2/20....my lady had style, Palindrome Day! I just want to get this machine back in shape to take it mobile. Thanks for "listening" and caring enough to try and help me out. Sincerest best to you and yours always,

Sam-the BHFB.

Andrew_J994

I'm sorry to hear that. The skullcap and lights did it for me too, you can't beat the iconic alienhead and skullcap designs. The fingerprint reader was what made me seek out my M17! The unboxing story is great, a shame you say it was lost in the transition.

On the subject of the battery, a search returned me with the model numbers: SQU-772 and, MOBL-M15X6CPRBABLK. There are currently listings on retailers like Newegg, Laptop Battery Express, Wal-Mart and probably some others.

They seem to be selling from the same supplier. I can't speak for the others, so if you were looking to purchase, I'd go with the Newegg retailer. Wal-Mart says there are only two left in stock, so I'd order sooner rather than later, however, this number may be inaccurate and in need of updating.

We'll always be here to listen, it's a good community around this forum it seems.
-Andrew

n9emz

Thank you. The part nos. are for the revision 1 m15x.....mine doesn't have the piece (tab) sticking out on the back. I have my old one in a one of the moving boxes stored in the garage. I'll find it. I'm probably going to have to find someone to rebuild. Thanks for your help.