WANTED: TactX Mouse (Search Ended)

ernest.mecca

yea i know they have cord issues but when i get my m14x in next week i would like a mouse i can customize, that's it.

MattyB

I had one laying around in a box somewhere. It may have had a problem though but I'll try to find it and check. You're best to grab one of the newer models from the Dell website. They often have really good sales, well they do on the Australian site (up to 50% off sometimes)

MattyB

Found it. It actually still works pretty well. The trigger button is nice and shiny from my countless BL2 sessions and the sleeved cord has a few bad spots (as they all did). I had a second one that must have been the one that was faulty.
It's really nice to use. I have one of the Elite mice and it feels stronger but not as smooth as this old girl. I don't think it would be very cost effective sending it overseas though. Postage out of Australia is really expensive.
IMG_3463.jpg
I even got the old Tactx keyboard out as well. I did a paint mod on it a while back.
IMG_3461.jpg

ernest.mecca

I like that custom paint, it looks amazing. and yea i figured, i was asking around on fb and there was a few australian websites suggested but other than that not much else. JBHIFI was one of them, i forgot the other one but they didn't have it anyway. I would get a newer one but i'm finicky about mixing design eras, even though i have the AW 310M their newest mouse and the 310H the headset. I was looking for the other tactx accessories and they were easier to find, probably because they had their cords intact lol. The M14x R2 i ordered should be here this week hopefully and I know that the tactx came out or were popular in that time. I also don't want to have to use two computers to program lighting if the command center on the computer is incompatible with the mouse i get

MattyB

Yeah it does help having the same Command Center. I plugged the two things in and they just popped up on my old Command Center. It felt very nostalgic. See how you go and if you don't have any luck then we can work something out if you really want this one.

MattyB

FYI, I found this on Ebay here today. Not sure if he'd be willing to post to wherever you are but you could ask.

$80AUD is pretty cheap in international prices (50 Euros)

ernest.mecca

Oh wow that’s really good, I was hoping to find one of those too because the GPUs is shot in mine. I had to get a new cpu fan cuz it was grating against the frame and it was so loud. That’s coming in soon I think

MattyB

Shipping would probably be about $50AUD at a guess but you could get the old girl running again. He may not want to ship overseas though.

ernest.mecca

Yeah, I’m probably gonna pass on that particular listing, but that’d be a good deal if it were US local

ernest.mecca

I found someone selling the mouse on FB, it came yesterday and I love it. The only thing really is the cord is popping out of the braided sleeve, but the wire itself has no frays or issues. seems like a manufacture error putting too much wire in the sleeve. But its so comfortable and as always, ooo pretty lights haha

MattyB

Nice! It's a really great feeling mouse. Yeah the cord was a huge issue. I owned 3 of these over my life and all 3 had cord issues.