WarHammer 40,000

WaLkAwaY

I do not know how many of you play WARHAMMER 40,000 but I thought it might be nice to have our own thread. I think this thread however should encompass the whole spectrum of what the Warhammer 40,000 universe is, so I propose to set down some ground rules or more like stipulations.

This thread is for:

WarHammer: Books, games (to include the board game as I do not know of any computer game for it) and discussion.

Warhammer 40,000: Books, games (to include DoW, DoWII, Retribution, the new Space Marine game coming out and the original series) and discussion.

Please when making your post include a title when it strays from the current topic so that we all understand what you are talking about, using quotes when useful, necessary and needed.
Here are some links I have put together for those interested. This is mainly for WarHammer 40k, I did not go into specifics of the Warhammer universe as you can spread out to it from the 40k universe. There are a great deal of wikia and or wikipedia sites you can find by searching, I try not to use wiki sites as much as possible that is why it is sparse. Keep in mind some of these links may provide other items than what I have filed the links under but they are (or should be) in the category which best suites them.

Basic info:
Games Workshop
Lexicanum
Pretty good source for info based on time line.

Books:
Black Library
Book list: Last update 08 April 2011

Modeling:
Nice little modeling site, kind of high end

Video Games:
• 1992: Warhammer 40,000: Space Crusade (The Voyage Beyond)
• 1993: Warhammer 40,000: Space Hulk
• 1996: Warhammer 40,000: Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels
• 1997: Warhammer 40,000: Final Liberation
• 1998: Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate
• 1999: Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War
• 2000: Gorkamorka (cancelled)
• 2003: Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior
• 2004: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (Winter Assault • Dark Crusade • Soulstorm)
• 2006: Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death
• 2007: Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command
• 2009: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (Chaos Rising • Retribution)
• 2011: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
• 2013: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online

List of video games from the Warhammer 40k series.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of war.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of war Winter Assault exp.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of war Soulstorm exp.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of war Dark Crusade exp.
DoW files on filefront
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War II (Could not find a link for just DoWII)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Chaos Rising
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Retribution (this is a funny title as it is an expansion but it is a stand alone; original game not needed.)

Think that should do it for now. Will update as I can or as new info is available and if I remember. :)

Dantheman221

OMG! o_O never knew there was this much literature on the game! xD I never played or bought a single game/book of it :D

WaLkAwaY

It is quite extensive. I mainly read the books now as Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine is still a little broken on PC.

Eirreann

Wow, that is extensive! I plan on giving this game series a try once I get my new system; would you recommend any of the older games and what systems do they run on?

WaLkAwaY

Dawn of War, DOWII and Space Marine are the only ones I can recommend as I have not played the others. And am not sure what you are asking with the last part of your question. are you asking what platform or what it takes to run them on a computer?

Last edited:

Eirreann

Dawn of War, DOWII and spcae Marine are the only ones I can recommend as I have not played the others. And am not sure what you are asking with the last part of your question. are you asking what platform or what it takes to run them on a computer?
Yes, yes, I meant platform.... Depending on their age I can probably find an emulator for whatever platform they were made for originally, but my laptop is kind of old so I have no chance of running anything newer than 2005. The family desktop might, but, well, it's the family desktop....