test

Water Cooling GPU

gelbuilding

Very happy with my new rig. Area 51 R2 i7 6850K

I do a bit of CGI and I'm concerned about the GPU`S overheating.
I Have 3 GPU's installed 2x1070 and 1 1080 ti.

Bought one of the EVGA HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 1080 / 1070 Graphics Card and amazed to see this card at 33 degrees whereas the other 1070 rises up to 80 degrees.

I would like to remove the top fan and replace with one of these cooler though a bit concerned will I compromise my rig, after all, it will still be blowing air. I suppose it can do both.

20170429_205351.jpg screen shot.jpg

asv4k8

I think your best bet is a custom double radiator loop that cools all three cards. if you can fit it that is. If not, maybe the single in the position you have now and another single below it then tied into all three cards.

BeemerBiker

I am in the same situation. I have an eVga water cooler for 1070-1080 reference design and have not installed it. It was bought for my son's rig that had an eVga air cooled 1070. We never got around to putting it in. However, I clearly need to cool both, not just one.

I see you have 3 nVidias and assume you added one or two. Were you able to configure the sensor display to show the additional gpus? I have only had my system for a few days and cannot find a way to adjust the nVidia's fan speed from that sensor program. Instead I had to install eVga's precision X to keep the temps down. I run BOINC while not actively using my R4 and it was literally "burning in" my new system after I started it up.

I tried to order my system with water coolers and an internal Blu-ray but those options were not available.

gelbuilding

Hi Beeber,

You need a PWM Fan Splitter Cable to connect the gpu radiator fan. The plug is on your motherboard.
Download user manual and you will see where the connect is, otherwise see where your fans are connected and un plug and connect the splitter cable there.
Then on your thermal control panel, you can adjust the gpu fan speeds on manual
The radiator fan will work with your system from the splitter cable which is your two fans in the desktop

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cooling/Accessories/53162-SST-CPF01/?member_pricing=true