test

Watercooled GTX690

So inspired by stu and his efforts, I installed a water cooling system for the 690.

Temps are staying around 35 deg C at 5760 x 1080 in Crysis 2 and ARMA 2!

Anyway I highly recommend it as opposed to air..

Here are some pics

image(2).jpgimage(1).jpg

stupreme

Hey mate - Just thought now you have your GTX 690 running nice and cool you might want to overclock it a little bit and squeeze another 15 - 20 frames out of it , If you think you don't need to and your happy with everything then just ignore this little bit of info.
Download EVGA Precision 4.0.1 (the latest)and install.
Once app is running you will see
Power Target (set to 135%)
GPU Clock Offset (set to 120mhz)
Mem Clock Offset (set to 200mhz)
That's it :) this isn't an intense overclock but it worked very nice when I had 1 stock fan cooled GTX 690
and because it's EVGA precision there is no need to worry about damage to the card because it will just turn off PC

Have a look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsdIOVsLRac
skip forward to 26mins for Precision - Enjoy :)

Hey mate - Just thought now you have your GTX 690 running nice and cool you might want to overclock it a little bit and squeeze another 15 - 20 frames out of it , If you think you don't need to and your happy with everything then just ignore this little bit of info.
Download EVGA Precision 4.0.1 (the latest)and install.
Once app is running you will see
Power Target (set to 135%)
GPU Clock Offset (set to 120mhz)
Mem Clock Offset (set to 200mhz)
That's it :) this isn't an intense overclock but it worked very nice when I had 1 stock fan cooled GTX 690
and because it's EVGA precision there is no need to worry about damage to the card because it will just turn off PC

Have a look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsdIOVsLRac
skip forward to 26mins for Precision - Enjoy :)

Cheers mate - I have already blown one 690 sky high with Precision - Dell replaced under warranty..

So I'm a bit hesitant !

holeyguy66

damn man thats super simple and clean hows the temps as far as like furmark and 3dmarks. like i said i thought about this unit before but didnt see it working well

damn man thats super simple and clean hows the temps as far as like furmark and 3dmarks. like i said i thought about this unit before but didnt see it working well

Furmark results:

15 min burn in stress test
89 FPS 53 deg C
1920 x 1080

Power target 135%
Clock offset 129MHz
Mem offset 215MHz

Idle temp is around 24 deg C

Last edited:

holeyguy66

nice man the load temps are what i was getting although my idle was 38c but im also pushing 3 monitors. i really didnt think it was gonna be that good with that kit. just because of the tight space the auroras have. tt has it down finally

I will tidy up the SATA cables and such a bit later - I had to remove the cable management channel to fit the radiator in, and now ther is no space for my SSD, you can see in above the DVD!! It doesn't want to work in the drive bays for some reason...

I too am surprised how good the temps are - as in this mid size tower there is not a great deal of room.

Gaming at 5760 x 1080 the temps never go over 40 deg C even with stu's slight over clock figures above.

So great result and I am super happy with this mod - now to save up for the extra 690!

stupreme

Don't forget that when you get your 2nd 690 you need a better PSU , I recommend the OCZ1250

Don't forget that when you get your 2nd 690 you need a better PSU , I recommend the OCZ1250

Will have to wait - $1100 GTX690 plus $350 for 1200W PSU, I don't have that cash lying around..

I will have to eat rice and tomato sauce for the rest of my life!

stupreme

Will have to wait - $1100 GTX690 plus $350 for 1200W PSU, I don't have that cash lying around..

I will have to eat rice and tomato sauce for the rest of my life!

Be very careful when choosing your PSU . Remember the Corsair AX 1200i does not work with the Aurora R4 motherboard and I/O Board (Well it didn't for me) and the Dell Alienware Area 51 1200w psu is not powerful enough because it cuts out when graphics are pushed up to high setting's.
The only PSU that's 100% going to work with 2 GTX 690 cards in the Aurora R4 is the OCZ1250
Here's a little list of Nvidia certified PSU's but remember what I've said :)
http://uk.geforce.com/Active/en_US/en_US/pdf/PSU.pdf

tahiti

I bought my Seasonic X-1250 for $229 before tax in Canada and we usually have higher prices. Since when are 1200W PSUs $350? AX1200i is expensive because it's platinum. Just get a gold or silver.

d2k2

Hi - How do you regulate the GPU temperature and fan speed on this?

Hi - How do you regulate the GPU temperature and fan speed on this?

GPU temp is seen from a 3rd party software program like GPU-Z or Precision X
Fan speed is controlled with dial on the front.

Works really well!

d2k2

Thanks!

I've ordered a similar kit after seeing your set up. Was wondering if the fan pushes air down or up? (does it matter?)
What do your internal temps look like on the thermal controller?