test

What Card should I upgrade to?

Saintnowhere

Hey guys, been thinking about upgrading my 660 card to something more powerful with a longer shelf life. Never changed a card in a PC before, so looking for guidance on a card that will stay cool enough, but have good powrer.

Anyone have advice on what to buy? Guess I need a card and a new power supply? I generally buy everything from Amazon, so if you could post amazon links with your recommendation I would greatly appreciate it.

bbond007

I think a 670 or 760 is the fastest card you can get on the 330 watt PS which is the largest offered as far as I know.

Not much of an upgrade. Anything above those is going to be over 170 watt.

Even if you do get a larger PS somehow, I don't know how its going to stay cool dissipating 200+ watts of heat in the such a small case.

You probably need to wait for Maxwell architecture.

I upgraded mine to 660TI (from GT 640) because I have a SSD+HD and wanted to stay at 150watt to be safe and I'm a little risk-adverse, so I have been researching quite a bit. I really don't know about what is available on the ATI side.

Hope that helps :)

bbond007

Absolutely helps! Thanks!

Also I would recommend EVGA brand because I was looking into their Trade-up program.

Looks like I could go from my current GTX 660 TI to a 760 for $9(just shipping) or up to the 670 for $125 within 90 days(now like 85)... pretty cool...

Don't think I'll consider a 760 but maybe the 670. Current 660 TI runs great overclocked +120/513 on stock voltage so an underclocked 760 may be slower.