What do most people do for day jobs?

yikes81

To get to know my new friends a little better, I was just wondering what you all do for your day jobs? be it professional, student, temporarily looking for work or anything else that I may have missed.

I work in I.T. Security. Pretty boring, but it pays bills. Perk of my job is that I can work from home whenever I want.
I think I worked from home everyday last year except for 12 days where I was in the office once a month.

MattyB

Staff member
I work for an earthmoving company. We build water storage ponds, roads and pretty much anything else made out of dirt. We do work for the oil and gas industry in Queensland and South Australia. I used to be a machine operator but these days I'm stuck in the office. That gives me more time to play with my Alienware.

yikes81

I am guessing that your avatar is your sweet ride to work? Or was until you were confined to your office.

AeonSoul

I'm about to graduate in I.T. at my university, and I'm doing an internship into a company that is working in the I.T. field. Idk how to explain that any better D:

dnvr.dsz

what are you pursuing?
doing something called PUC (will be in 12th from June :D) and more specifically in Science (PS:Not Nerd xD) and taken Computers as Combination (The PCMC Thingy)... i hope you understood, since you're in Mumbai i believe you didn't :p

Last edited:

MattyB

Staff member
I am guessing that your avatar is your sweet ride to work? Or was until you were confined to your office.
Yeah that was my little scraper back in the good old days. So much fun. You have no idea!! :-D

wilbymilstone

I am a professional cook also referred to as a working chef. 15 years in the food service industry. Also a full time husband and father to three kids.

doing something called PUC (will be in 12th from June :D) and more specifically in Science (PS:Not Nerd xD) and taken Computers as Combination (The PCMC Thingy)... i hope you understood, since you're in Mumbai i believe you didn't :p
kid check my post above, I have been through all that :p
and I assume your from bangalore as you mentioned puc.. always think you are the wise guys eh? ;)
and if you really are form bangalore, (or anywhere else for that matter) much better off from beings here..

dnvr.dsz

kid check my post above, I have been through all that :p
and I assume your from bangalore as you mentioned puc.. always think you are the wise guys eh? ;)
and if you really are form bangalore, (or anywhere else for that matter) much better off from beings here..
wtf? you thought i didn't check your profile ? before posting this i know your'e doing ua Engg in CS no biggy pretty soon i'll be there too(maybe not CS) so please...and i said you won't understand because you people dont have PUC and all that dumb stuff and as for the wise guy i never think that coz wtf am i?, just a guy going to college and you all are like Pro's (just saying) and stop calling me KID :)

WaLkAwaY

I am a professional cook also referred to as a working chef. 15 years in the food service industry. Also a full time husband and father to three kids.
I used to pass through Lucerne when I would go to Clear lake and on my way to Nice. Went up there to get the Obsidian.

EMT911inWI

Full time IT Systems Admin for a Financial Investment Firm.

Volunteer EMT-P/Firefighter for the City I live in.

yikes81

With you being a professional cook, do you still have to go home at the end of the day and make dinner for the family?

chill man I was just kidding no need to get so serious :D
and trust me once you enter engineering especially here in mumbai its like your in a war zone... you must be better off and happier thats what I originally said

there goes the indian flame :d
ah that was nothing :p

dnvr.dsz

chill man I was just kidding no need to get so serious :D
and trust me once you enter engineering especially here in mumbai its like your in a war zone... you must be better off and happier thats what I originally said

ah! seriously? my bro is kinda having alot of fun inspite of being in Engg -_-...., maybe it depends on the place