What do you think about alienware m18x laptop?

natalianame

Ok so I asked a similar question a couple of hours ago and after some research, I finally landed on the Alienware m18x. Before I buy it, of course, I have a couple of questions. One is, can it successfully replace a casual gamer desktop machine (or in other words can it run most games smoothly on higher settings)? And the other is, do you think that there is a better notebook or maybe a little weaker one that would be cheaper with similar specs, or is Alienware, truly alien and cannot be replaced or beaten?
Thanks
aTQS9

alienware man

well, if you want maximum performance, go with the MSI GT80 because you will get two gtx 980 in SLI, but if you care abut quality and performance, go with the newer alienware 18 because it has 2 gtx 880s and has better build quality and better sound, but the m18x is outdated with the horse power. also, is price a concern to you? and its big enough as a desktop replacement in my own opinion.

Last edited:

MattyB

I have an M18x R2 which I upgraded with SLI 780s a while back. It still kicks ass. It depends on what you can get one for.

alienware man

well when you don't upgrade the m18x's graphics, it feels outdated. but when you do, then you don't need the new alienware 18 because it is as good as that. that's what i meant.