What Graphics card would fit AND work with X51 R1??

Aug 20, 2018
I have the r2 with the gtx nvidia 1060 6gb founders edition and works perfect. I don't know if is going to work with the r1 motherbase.
If you go back through previous posts others are running the GTX 1060 on the R1. The Nvidia FE Cards are impossible to get here in Australia as that Card was my preference. I did see them on Amazon but they were far to much. I went with the Evga GTX 1060 SC 6gb as its a Reference/Blower style card and its ultra small form factor of only 7"s. After watching the videos on YT of people moding the case and forcing 10.5" Cards in there X51, and then struggling with overheating and putting SSD's in to generate more room for Cables and Air, It made me think can i be bothered!? hence the evga decision. I have just got the bios to A12 and Im doing A14 as I write this. As soon as the card is installed and running Ill post again.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018
I have the r2 with the gtx nvidia 1060 6gb founders edition and works perfect. I don't know if is going to work with the r1 motherbase.
Ive got it installed and running! I ended up going for the EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC as it has a really small form factor. Getting the bios to update was a bit of a pain. But its running like a madman now! Thanks everyone for all your help.