What makes Alienware so great?

What do you think makes Alienware products so excellent? The fact that it is a subsidiary of Dell of course is a factor here, but what else?

xxdranenxxx

The style, power, and most of all the name. Come on Alienware hell ya that just sounds bad a$$

MacDiddy

What do you think makes Alienware products so excellent? The fact that it is a subsidiary of Dell of course is a factor here, but what else?
I think Alienware was a better company before Dell bought them. Now we just got roll with it.

Alligator

Well, I think I have to agree with you about this. This also happened to Thinkpad after Lenovo purchased IBM. Having said that, I think Alienware's products are still my first choice.

Sanity

Yeah, I think you are right. Just because a big company purchases your well managed company doesn't necessary mean yours would be better and produce more quality products.

XtantX

I would like to see this guys designs for an Alienware Gaming Laptop....

johnny-ive.jpg

:D

ThatOldGuy

Design is great. They push the design to be something out of the norm and catch the eye. Its not "blah" like Clevo, Gateway, Lenovo or Acer. And its not a copy of Apple Macbook like HP, Samsung or the new Razor Blade. The only designers I think are comparable are the Asus team (their GW series are interesting and out of the norm as well).

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
The Asus is cool, my buddy at work has one. His only complaint is that there is more than normal keyboard flex.

Dantheman221

I like the Asus Lamborghini laptop but, the price is just outrageous! Rather stick to something alien xD

Eirreann

Design+Performance over Brand Name... yup, you just can't out-do an Alienware!

JohnW

I am with you on this. The design and the performance are what make Alienware's products stand out of the crowd. It is like the way Apple's products do.

Gogreen

I agree that the design and performance of Alienware's products are outstanding. But I wouldn't compare the products with Apple's products. I think Apple's products are incomparable. It is just me though.

bettadenu

It's like any other major brand the styling mostly. Alienware also comes with good specs so when you buy one you're not saddled up with a crappy laptop that can't run games.

But most of all, it has a frigging lit up keyboard how awesome is that?

yikes81

They took away my coffee cup holder that normally comes out the side of the laptop. Now there is only this little slot.

On the up side, it does save me from constantly bumping the disc tray and possibly breaking it.

Eirreann

They took away my coffee cup holder that normally comes out the side of the laptop. Now there is only this little slot.

On the up side, it does save me from constantly bumping the disc tray and possibly breaking it.
You used the disc tray as a.... coffee cup holder?!?! That's genius!!

Commy1

Putting the Dell factor aside, I think Alienware is a statement about your intentions with your machine. People see a Mac and think "Oh they have a mac, they probably spent a lot of money on that, they're probably only using it for study/office work". I see another Alienware and I think "Oh shit an Alienware! That's awesome I'm gonna go see if they'll have a chat about it, see how theirs stacks up to mine"

I don't see a Mac and think "I wonder what kind of parts are in that or what games do you play.
Alienware laptop aren't the thinnest but I know that my laptop is probably better than Mr. Mac/Compaq/HP/Toshiba/Etc and I have the style to go with it.

BlackJair

Alienware, the best thing is that ALL its hardware are in full compatibility, i mean... Some laptops have their hardware running at 80%~90%, because some accessories are not fully compatible with others they have.

But the only thing that makes Alienware a top ranked gaming laptop, its the STYLE. If you watch ROG laptops, they just look the same as ASUS normal laptops.